Blueberry Crunch Bars first appeared in my third cookbook, Sweetness: Southern Recipes to Celebrate the Warmth, the Love, an the Blessings of a Full Life.
This recipe is from my friend, Valerie Holt, who teaches Home Economics at Woodland High School in in Cartersville, Georgia. We met at the National Cornbread Festival and became fast friends.
As a blueberry lover myself, I have to tell you that I made these the moment Valerie shared the recipe with me and have already lost count of how many times I’ve made them since!
The ingredients are simple and you likely have most of them on hand. The recipe is pretty straight forward as well and it’s in printable format at the bottom of this post!
Look at these gorgeous blueberries! I just love seasonal fruit!
Please make these soon. You’ll be glad you did!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups quick oats
- ¾ cup cold unsalted butter cubed
- 1/8 tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 TB cornstarch
- 3 TB lemon juice
- ¾ cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 375. Grease a 9 x 13 metal baking pan.
- Put first 7 ingredients in the food processor and process until crumbly not a ball. Reserve 2 cups for topping.
- Press remaining crumb mixture into pan. Set aside.
- Put rest of ingredients into a small sauce pan and bring to a boil for 2-3 minutes until thick. It will look like blueberry jam. Spread over crust. Put on reserved topping and bake 25-30 minutes or until golden. Cool completely and enjoy!
I love anything chocolate & ice cream. Also cobblers!! Well just anything sweet!! Thanks for the giveaway!
The first 4 entries I incorrectly entered my Pinterest name instead of my Instagram name.
Should be suegmorris – not suzi43
My favorite summer dessert is Blackberry Cobbler with Vanilla Ice Cream on top.!
Love pound cake and or homemade ice cream
Cherry pie or anything chocolate.
I have really been looking for some easy dessert recipes for summer. Thanks so much for all of them. That no church ice cream sounds wonderful. Can’t wait to try some of them.
I would love to have that kind of blueberry hookup! These bars look fantastic.