If you love the hash brown casserole at Cracker Barrel, you’ll definitely want to add Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole to your files.
We have this as a side dish at all holiday dinners, family reunions, and any other time we can come up with an excuse to make it. It could also be a great breakfast casserole too. The recipe is simple enough to add it to the regular dinner rotation. It’s just a matter of dumping ingredients in a bowl and stirring them up.
Let’s get cooking so I can show ya 🤗Ingredients you’ll need for this cheesy hash brown casserole recipe are:
- Frozen shredded hash browns
- Cream of chicken soup (canned or homemade)
- Cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Dice onion and place in a large mixing bowl along with melted butter, cream soup, and seasonings.
- Stir this up with a large spoon until well combined.
- Add in cheese…
- Add hash browns (still frozen or lightly thawed is fine).
- Stir all of this up until well mixed.
- Spread into a lightly greased 9×13 pan and bake in oven at 350 for thirty minutes, or until bubbly.
How to freeze hashbrown casserole:
Cover with aluminum foil tightly and place in the freezer, right before you bake it. It can last for up to 30 days or sometimes a little longer.
To serve, take it out of the freezer 24 hours before you want to bake it and let it thaw in the fridge. Bake as directed.
- 2 lbs frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 10 oz can Cream Of Chicken Soup or one recipe homemade cream soup
- 1/2 up chopped onion
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large mixing bowl, combine soup, onion, melted butter, and seasonings, stir well. Add in cheese and frozen hash browns.
- Spread into a lightly greased 9x13 dish and bake at 350 for thirty minutes, or until bubbly.
You may also like these casserole dishes: