This candy coated Holiday Popcorn Crunch is quick and easy!
This delicious candy coated holiday popcorn crunch begins with popped popcorn, which means it’s quick and easy to make. I don’t use microwave popcorn anymore so I just pop min on the stove using coconut oil or whatever oil you like and it only takes about 8 mins. Dressing it up for the holidays is a fun treat to make when you want to do something special with a little window of time. Perfect for kids to do on their own, for grandparents to make with grandkids, or you can make it on a larger scale and to give away as treats.
You’ll need: about 8-10 cups of popped popcorn with a light amount of butter (butter though is optional) 3 cups of pretzels, 12 ounce bag of candy melts (such as Wilton), and some colorful sprinkles.
Pop your popcorn. Pour that into a large bowl and stir in pretzels.
Place candy melts in medium sized microwave safe bowl and microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring after each, until melted and creamy.
Pour over popcorn, add some sprinkles, and stir to coat.
I usually add more sprinkles as I stir as well.
Immediately pour it out onto waxed paper and spread it out a bit to allow it to harden.
Once it has hardened, break up the large clumps and store it in an airtight container (or plastic bag) until ready to serve. This is also great to put in those little clear party treat bags, tie with pretty curling ribbon at the top, and give out to friends, family, and coworkers.
So pretty, so yummy, and so easy!
Are you doing anything special this season to slow down and enjoy the things that matter most? I’d love to hear about it in the comments section below. Let’s inspire and encourage one another!
- 2 full size bags microwave popcorn preferably no butter if possible, popped
- 3 cups mini pretzels
- 12 ounce bag wilton white candy melts or color of your choice
- Sprinkles in color of your choice
- Pop popcorn in microwave according to package directions. Pour into a large bowl and add pretzels, stir to combine a bit.
- In microwave safe bowl, place candy melts. Microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring after each, until melted and smooth.
- Pour melted chocolate (candy melts) over popcorn and pretzels and quickly stir until well coated. Add sprinkles before the chocolate sets and stir again, sprinkling as you stir if needed to help evenly coat.
- Pour out onto waxed paper lined baking sheet and allow to Harden. Break up into bite sized pieces and store in airtight container.
This post is featured in Meal Plan Monday and Weekend Potluck
Time spent with loved ones is time well spent.
Made this last year & used puffcorn. I have a hard time with hulls. It turned out great and making a double batch this year.
Can I melt white chocolate chips instead of candy melts?
You sure can!
My husband wants me to try this! He says it sounds good!! I think to add a little more to this treat, I will melt some chocolate bark and drizzle over the top!! Thanks for all the ideas! I love your blog and daily emails!!!