Did your mama make y’all Angel Food Cake growing up? How about Swiss Rolls/Jelly Rolls? If not, I am sorry you missed that experience but don’t you worry, you will get the best of both worlds with this Lemon Angel Food Cake Roll. And if you are lucky like me and experienced this light and fluffy cake and swiss rolls growing up, making this lemony flavored combo just takes it to another level.
How Many Points On A WW Program?
With the ingredients you will find below and in the recipe card a slice will cost you only six points in any WW program or 4 points if you use Lemon Yogurt instead of Lemon Curd. Now I am not saying this is a health food by any means but if you want a treat when you are counting your points, this Lemon Angel Food CakeRoll just may be the way to go.
Ingredients for the Lemon Angel Food Cake Roll Are:
- 1 box angel food cake mix
- 1 cup lemon curd
- 1 box Sugar Free Fat Free cheesecake pudding mix
- 2 cups whipped topping (Free version, not lite)
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar (not picture but important)
How To Make Lemon Angel Food Cake Roll Tutorial
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 10x15x1 baking sheet by lining the bottom of the sheet with parchment paper and very lightly spraying the sides with a non-stick spray. Prepare the angel food cake according to the directions on the box.
Pour the cake mix into the prepared baking sheet.
It will fill very full! This is normal.
Bake the cake for 15-20 minutes, until the top is golden brown.
The cake will rise high in the oven, once it comes out, cool the cake for 5 minutes and the top will come back down.
Lay out a tea towel and sprinkle it with the powdered sugar.
Take a knife and release the cake around the edges and flip it over onto the dusted towel.
Carefully remove the parchment paper.
Starting at a short end of the towel, tightly roll up the cake and allow it to completely cool. You can use a wire cooling rack if you like.
Prepare the filling by mixing together the lemon curd and pudding mix. Then, fold in the whipped topping.
Your filling mix will look like this once combined. At this point I just want to dip my finger in there and give it a taste. Go ahead. It’s yummy!
When the cake is completely cooled, carefully unwrap it from the towel.
Spread the mixture all over the cake and leave about 1/2 inch from the edges, giving the filling room to spread when it’s rolled.
Tightly roll the cake back up without the towel, cover it and place the cake into the freezer to set.
Slice off the ends for a pretty appearance.
Now keep slicing so you, your family or guests can enjoy!
- 1 box Angel food cake mix
- 1 cup Lemon curd
- 1 box Jell-O Cheese Cake Pudding mix; Sugar Free Fat Free
- 2 cups Cool Whip Whipped Topping Fat (Free Version, not lite)
- 1/4 cup Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 10x15x1 baking sheet with parchment paper and very lightly spray the sides with a non stick spray. Prepare the angel food cake mix according to the instructions on the box.
- Pour the prepared cake mix on the baking sheet. It will fill up good and that's normal.Bake the cake for 15-20 mins or until the top is golden brown. The cake will rise in the oven. Take it out and let cool for 5 mins and the top will come back down.
- Lay a tea towel out and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Take a knife and separate the cake from the baking sheet around the edges and flip it over onto the dusted towel. The parchment paper will be stuck to the bottom of the cake. Carefully remove the parchment paper.
- Starting at a short end of the tea towel, tightly roll up the cake and allow it to completely cool on a wire cooling rack. or however you can let it cool. Prepare the filling now by mixing the lemon curd, and pudding mix and folding in the whipped topping.
- When the cake is cooled completely, carefully unwrap it from the towel. Spread the filling mixture all over the cake about 1/2 inch thick from the edges to give the filling room to spread when it's rolled. Tightly roll the cake back up without the towel, cover it, and place the cake into the freezer to set. Once set the way you like it slice off the end for a pretty appearance and keep slicing for you, your family or your guests. ENJOY!