- 1 box yellow cake or butter cake mix
- 1/2 cup melted butter or margarine, I don’t judge
- 1 + 1/2 cups light corn syrup
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 +1/2 cups chopped pecans
- Mix cake mix, 1 egg, and melted butter until well blended. Reserve 2/3 cup of this batter.
- Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray. Spread remaining batter into this pan and bake at 325 for 15 minutes, or until just lightly browned.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together reserved 2/3 cup batter, syrup, 3 eggs, brown sugar, vanilla and pecans.
- Pour filling on top of crust and cook at 325 for 50-60 minutes, until set in the center.
- Allow to cool completely before serving.
You may also like these pecan recipes:
The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new lands but seeing with new eyes.