Try some quick and easy Super Bowl recipes.
I always believe Super Bowl Sunday can be a time for excitement whether your team is playing or not.
There is nothing that beats gathering around the TV to watch the game with your nearest and dearest. Even if you are only going to be with family or a small group of close friends, you will still want to serve the best snacks and drinks. Just enjoying time together when possible is the real highlight for me.
Finger Licking Good Food for Super Bowl Sunday
Of course, the game itself is often the center of attention along with the commercials :), but what would a Super Bowl party be without the finger licking good food? The best snacks make the best party. Who doesn’t love diggin’ into all those delicious buffalo wings, pizza, sliders, and all the delicious dips?
Pretzels and chips would not be the same without something yummy to dip them into. That last scraping of spicy queso dip will leave your taste buds tingling for more. Mexican foods like nachos and salsa will really make the party.
If you are looking for Super Bowl party snack ideas, you have come to the right place. We have some awesome suggestions for dips that you can serve with almost anything. We are so excited to share our scrumptious dip recipes with you.
Naturally, if you are serving dips, you will also need lots of dipping snacks and foods. Some of the most popular conventional items for dipping are nachos, tortilla chips, potato chips, crackers, and pretzels.
We have another all-time favorite dipper, and that is our own invention of pita chips, made with pita bread. Once you have made these once, (and they are super-easy to make ) we can assure you that you will never want to watch another Super Bowl game without them. See recipe below. I will be adding printable recipe cards soon but for now you can find the recipes below.
Our Best Dip Recipes
Super Bowl Sunday snacks would not be the same without something cheesy to dip them into. A creamy, tangy blue cheese dip is so good with absolutely everything. Whether you are dipping chips or pepper strips, that cheesy dip will make it so much better.
Creamy Blue Cheese Dip
There is a lot that we love about this recipe because it is so delicious and so incredibly easy to make. But we particularly love the fact that it has a long fridge life, so you can plan ahead and make it a few days in advance of whatever even you are taking it to.
Always try to use the best quality, freshest ingredients. This will ensure that your dip will be lip-smackingly good.
Ingredients for Creamy Blue Cheese Dip are:
- 4 oz. good quality blue cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 oz. smooth cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped parsley
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For the best results, all the ingredients should be at room temperature.
You will need an electric mixer and a bowl. It is best to use a deep bowl, to avoid having cheese dip splattered around your kitchen.
- Beat the cream cheese, using the medium setting, until it reaches a very soft and creamy consistency.
- Add the mayonnaise and sour cream, and beat for another minute, until well mixed.
- Crumble the blue cheese into the bowl and mix again for one minute, until there are no lumps.
- Stir in the parsley, chives, and onion.
- Add the garlic salt and pepper, stir well
Chill in the fridge before serving. This recipe will yield about 2 ½ cups of dip.
This dip is so delicious that you are unlikely to have any leftovers, but if you do, it will keep in a sealed container in the fridge for as long as a week.
If you prefer something zesty and hot, how about a spicy Mexican queso dip? This recipe might set your tongue on fire, but it will have you clamoring for more.
Spicy Mexican Queso Dip
Mexican food is a great way to celebrate the Super Bowl. This creamy, tangy queso dip is so easy to make and is the perfect accompaniment to crunchy nachos. We think that a giant bowl of nachos with a tub of this dip is one of the most appealing Super Bowl snacks.
INGREDIENTS for Spicy Mexican Queso Dip
- 3 cups strong cheddar cheese, shredded ( about 12 oz.)
- 1 tablespoon butter ( we prefer unsalted)
- 1 ½ cups full cream milk
- ½ lb fresh cream cheese
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, crushed
- 2 jalapen֮o peppers, very finely chopped, without seeds
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 oz diced cherry tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Using a heavy-based saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Saute the onions until soft
- Add the garlic and saute for a minute longer
- Add the chopped tomatoes and peppers
- Stir in the spices
- Add the cream cheese and mix well
- Pour in the milk
- Stir in the cornstarch and bring to the boil, stirring all the time as the mixture thickens.
- Lastly, add in the shredded cheese and stir in to melt. The sauce should now be lovely and thick and creamy.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool
- Serve while still warm, with your favorite dipping snacks. We think that this dip is the best with nachos.
If you aren’t such a huge fan of cheesy dips, you can try this tomato salsa dip. It’s also perfect with chips, nachos, or pieces of cut-up veggies.
Tomato Salsa Dip
Many people don’t like cheesy dips, or you may be lactose intolerant or have a dairy allergy. If that is the case, you can still enjoy spicy Mexican dips at your Super Bowl party, with this mouth-watering tomato salsa dip. It is vegetable-based and is completely dairy-free.
INGREDIENTS for Tomato Salsa Dip
- 3 firm red tomatoes
- 1 small red onion
- 2 green chilies
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup cilantro, finely chopped
- ¼ cup coriander leaves, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
One of the reasons that we love this recipe so much is that it is so simple to make. All you have to do is chop all the ingredients up and put them in the food processor for a few seconds. Take care not to over-process. You don’t want it to be too smooth.
Process until well-blended, but still slightly chunky. Allow it to stand for a while before serving, for the flavors of the different ingredients to blend together and enhance each other.
Because this sauce is made of all fresh ingredients and is not cooked, it does not keep for long. It will last for a maximum of 3 days in the fridge.
Now that you have the dips, here is the promised recipe for those amazing pita bread chips. It is so easy to dress up regular pita chips and make them yummy as can be.
Pita Bread Chips
INGREDIENTS for Pita Bread Chips
- 6 Pita bread pockets
- Olive oil for brushing
- Garlic salt
- Black pepper
- Mixed herbs
- Preheat your oven to 350° Fahrenheit
- Line a baking tray with baking paper
- Place pita bread on a tray
- Brush the pita bread generously with olive oil
- Sprinkle liberally with garlic salt and pepper
- Sprinkle lightly with mixed herbs
- Slice into triangle shapes with a pizza cutter
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes, until nicely browned and slightly crispy.
- Keep an eye on these as they can burn easily
Enjoy these Super Bowl Snacks with family and friends.