To get the delicious recipe for Cheesy Bacon Pull Apart Chicken and taste the bursting flavors and perfect moist chicken, keep on scrollin’.
We have these coupons that we bought as part of a fundraiser for something or another that my niece was involved in. Anyway, they are Domino’s pizza coupons so while I am writing my book, we’ve started getting carryout pizza on Saturday nights. You know, big weekend plans and all that…
Well, the past few times my husband has gone after our little half price pizza, he has come home with a tiny box of this cheesy pull apart chicken stuff, sprinkled with bacon. Apparently, this has become his weekly treat. I gotta admit, it is pretty good. Seeing as how he has grown to love it so much, I decided to make my own version, so that is what I am sharing with you today. As with most homemade things, you get twice as much for half the price, which is always a plus!
- Shredded Mozzarella
- Any type of bacon you like
- Shredded Parmesan
- Garlic Powder
- Chicken nuggets of some kind*
A Note About The Chicken
*You can make your chicken bites from scratch (maybe make this recipe the night before and double it so you have extras in the fridge) or buy them in the store to save money. Any type of chicken nugget or popcorn chicken will do but I went for Chicken Breast Chunks so we’d have that wonderful bite of actual pieces of non-formed chicken.
Technically, the Domino’s version of this has tomatoes in it somewhere. However, I’ve never tasted or spotted any form of tomatoes in it. I don’t know if my Domino’s leaves this out, if my eyesight and taste buds have joined together and decided to fail me completely, or if the aliens are eating all the tomatoes out of our order before Ricky gets it home, but I’ve never spied even the tiniest tomato particle. So I made this based on what I have tasted.
Arrange your chicken chunks on a baking sheet as closely together as you can, but not really on top of each other. Bake this in the oven at the temperature and time listed on the package directions.
If you are using leftover chicken that you made the night before (these chicken strips would be excellent for that, don’t fret over them being strips vs. nuggets), just place them on a baking sheet and put them in a 350 oven for about ten minutes.
Remove from oven and give them a very generous sprinkling of mozzarella and parmesan. Then, sprinkle garlic powder over all.
Top with turkey bacon.
Return to oven for about 5 minutes, or until cheese is fully melted.
- About 1 pound chicken chunks nuggets, or popcorn chicken*
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup shredded parmesan You can use the powdered kind too, if you like
- 3-4 strips turkey bacon crumbled (You can also use turkey bacon bits from the grocery store if you like)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Arrange your chicken chunks on a baking sheet as closely together as you can, but not on top of each other. Bake this in the oven at the temperature and time listed on the package directions. *If you are using leftover chicken that you made the night before (these chicken strips would be excellent for that, don't fret over them being strips vs. nuggets), just place them on a baking sheet and put them in a 350 oven for about ten minutes.
- Remove from oven and generously top them with mozzarella and parmesan. Then, sprinkle garlic powder over all. Top with crumbled bacon.
- Return to oven for about 5 minutes, or until cheese is fully melted.
You may also like these chicken recipes:
30 Recipes for Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts *BEST OF THE WEB!*
Made these for son and I tonight and we loved them. Thanks Christy!
I am so glad they were a hit!!!
Chrisy, just finished baking a batch of your Stifflemire’s Melt in Your Mouth Sugar Cookies. You did not exagerate at all…they are delicious. I ate six of them as soon as they cooled…don’t know how I did, but I did! Thanks so much for sharing this recipe. It’s definitely a “keeper”.
🙂 I am so glad you liked them!!!
It has been a pleasure and a gift for us all to watch your babies grow up! Brady is certainly a fine young man! – By the way, I LOVE the daily scripture you have given us! You make my day Christy!! 🙂
Awww, thank you so much Susan!! I am so glad you are enjoying the daily scripture plan!!
Ha I have thought of making these too. I love them like your husband! And yes there is a few finely diced tomatoes on them. Thanks for the tips to do them. And my son is thirteen and taller than both of us. Our babies are growing up. And love watching your family grow though southern plate. Waiting on you next book!
(((( hugs))). I have 3 sons , 2 who have grown up and moved into their own lives …my baby boy is 15 and I’m so proud of who he is becoming but I do miss the little boy he was. 🙂