I had so much fun taking part in the Vlog Every Day in May Challenge put on by my friend, Conni, at Cosmopolitan Cornbread that I decided to host my own challenge for June! You can view all of my May videos by clicking here. This challenge is specifically for Food Bloggers, so if you’re not a food blogger, this will be a fun way for you to get to know more about some of your favorite go-to people when it comes to recipes. Feel free to share this post and challenge your favorite food bloggers to participate! My goal is to make this challenge easy and fun so here are the guidelines:
- No stress! Film one video a day or answer a week’s worth of questions all at once if you like!
- Miss a day or forget a question? No problem! Skip it or circle back later, up to you!
- Use the WiLd CaRdS…or don’t :). I’ve included some WiLd CaRd questions at the bottom. Feel free to use them as substitutes for any questions that you don’t think apply to you (or just if you are in the mood to sub!). You can also add in the WiLd CaRd to any of your videos in addition to your regular question if you like. Or, you can just ignore the WiLd CaRd’s completely. I just threw them in there as a little bonus.
- Weekends off! As bloggers, we often have to use our weekends to play catch up on work we weren’t able to complete during the week. Not so with this challenge! Saturday and Sundays are freebies, with no questions on these days. Feel free to get caught up on videos during this time if you like, though. Totally up to you.
- Let me know if you are taking part in the challenge so we can all watch your videos! Just leave a link to your YouTube channel or a blog (or blog post) where you will host your month’s videos in the comments below! Note: Due to security settings, comments with links in them have to be approved so they won’t show up immediately.
- If you mention a recipe on your blog in your video, be sure to include a link in your video so viewers can find it! Youtube lets you add annotations and notecards to your videos with clickable links.
Ready? Let’s go!
- June 1 How long have you been blogging? What prompted you to start?
- June 2 What was the first recipe you ever posted on your blog and what made you choose that one?
- June 3 Who taught you how to cook? Tell us about them.
- June 4 Have you ever had a major cooking fail? June 5 What was the first thing you remember cooking? How old were you? Have a great weekend!
- June 8 What food trend do you see as utterly ridiculous?
- June 9 What dishes do your family and friends beg you to make for them?
- June 10 You’ve just come home from a week away, an entire week without any home cooked food. What is the first thing you make?
- June 11 Is there a special dessert you like for your birthday?
- June 12 What would your last meal be? Have a great weekend!
- June 15 Describe a typical meal (or meals) that your family had while growing up.
- June 16 Do you remember the pattern of dishes you ate on as a child? Are there any special dishes your family uses today?
- June 17 What did you drink with meals growing up? What does your family drink with meals today?
- June 18 If you were to have your own tv show what would it be about? Describe an episode.
- June 19 What was the last book you read? Have a great weekend!
- June 22 What recipe on your blog is incredibly popular – and that really surprises you?*
- June 23 What is the craziest comment you’ve ever received on your blog? June 24 Do you consider yourself a foodie? What about a chef?
- June 25 As a food blogger, if you could take one part of your job off your plate, what would it be?
- June 26 What is your favorite form of social media? Least favorite? Why? Have a great weekend!
- June 29 Have you ever had a post cause a completely unexpected and erratic (good or bad) reaction?
- June 30 What is the BEST part of being a food blogger?*
~*~*~* WiLd CaRd QuEsTiOnS *~*~*~
Substitute one of these for a regular question, add them into your videos as bonuses, or ignore them entirely!
- Is there one talent, skill set, or bank of knowledge about a particular subject that most people probably don’t realize you have? Does it bother you that no one knows?
- What is your busy night go-to supper?
- Is there one ingredient you just absolutely hate? (Spice, herb, etc)
- Is there a time period you think would have been better suited for than today? Why?
- What is the most important meal of the day to you and why?
- How do you feel about flying (in a plane)?
- What was the best vacation you ever took?
- Do you know how to drive stick shift?
- Are there any books that helped shape your work ethic? (put affiliate links in your video if you have them)
- *NEW* Show us the contents of your pockets/wallet/purse 🙂
Thank you for taking part in the challenge!
Be sure and let your reader’s know about your videos so that they can enjoy them!
~My videos will be added below as I record them~
June 1 When & Why I started blogging.
What was the first recipe I ever posted and who taught me how to cook?
My major cooking fails, the first dish I ever made, and scripture that I’m clinging to right now.
Out & About With My Family and Ridiculous Food Trends
What dishes do my friends and family request the most?
- In today’s video, I answer the question “What one meal do you want when you come home after a trip?” and also me and the kids head to our new gourmet popsicle store!
Today I air my vlog live as I share my favorite birthday dessert, my last meal, and what you should always NOT do when life is beating you up.
My surprise new hairstyle, it’s even a surprise to me!
June 16th Describing a typical meal from my childhood. This video was filmed during our weekend getaway at Joe Wheeler State Lodge.
What dishes did your family eat meals on growing up and what did you drink with your meals?
This was recorded at Joe Wheeler State Park
In this video I get caught up on my questions and…you know those moments in horror films where you see something bad is about to happen to the main character and you find yourself yelling a warning at the screen that they can’t hear? Yeah, you’ll have one of those moments about 3/4 in. Not for those who are prone to cases of the heebee jeebees. I warned ya. 🙂
Last video of the month!!
My daughter’s video is below…
Two friends talk about life, friendship, and teenagers from the perspective of a ten year old.
I really enjoyed watching your June volgs! It was like spending time with a friend each day. I enjoy your websites and great recipes. Hope you will be able to include more volgs in the future.
I enjoyed your video today and yes I enjoy the fact that you are honest and don’t sugar coat things. Keep up the great work Christy. I honestly do not understand what people have to complain about on here as it is a great site with great recipes!
Thank you so much Marsha!!!
I really, really enjoy your website, recipes and words of encouragement.
I hope that tick you found in your hair during the clog is now history along with a bunch of others. Those things are vicious! We have a daughter about your age. We went tent camping when she was 7 months old. The second day there, I found a tick attached in her soft spot on the top of her head. Yikes! The fun for me in that trip went out the window quickly! We all lived with no after effects except for the memory. Lol.
Let us know how the tick eradication goes.
Hi Christ, love your food blogger and your visit at Joe Wheeler State Park. I must say it really looked relaxing and peaceful, i’m not a food blogger just a Home Style Cook. This is my latest You Tube Video Link /http://youtu.be/zclxDiNymQu Annette’s Caribbean Jerk Chicken & Asian Stir Fried Rice. Also love your new hair do. Have a Blessed Day Christy!
Thank you so much Annette!!! I will check it out and I hope you have a blessed day as well!!
Loved your Vlog at Joe Wheeler — made me homesick. I used to live about 10 miles from there and that area is beautiful. To hear the birds and see the beautiful woods — yes, it is God’s country. All of the earth is His, but some areas are so special. That is one of them.
You are so right Angela, some areas are just very special!!!
Christy- I love the new look!!!!
PS I think you may have been sitting in that squirrel’s chair 🙂
Thank you Barb!! 🙂
Wow, Christy…it’s like you read my mind today. When I got my email from you, saying “Encouragement at the end of your rope” I was literally there! All of the scriptures you mentioned, hit home, and truly did lift me up! You are such a sweet gal, and I feel like we are just old friends that don’t get to see each other very often! Thank you so much for your honesty, and vulnerability. Times are tough, and they’ll be tough again, but when we lean into Him, there is a constant comfort! Thanks for that reminder in SUCH a timely fashion!
I agree Bobbie, we are friends that just don’t get to see each other often!! Hang on tight, we will all get there!!