This Chicken Salad fits into the category of a “non recipe” for me but Mama swears up and down there is someone out there who would like to see how we make chicken salad. So, I’m gonna mind my Mama and post it. Whenever a Southerner “Swears up and down” about something, its in your best interest to believe them :).
No More Fast Food Needed
How many of you have tried the chicken salad sandwich from Arby’s? It is really good. I know some of you are thinking “A chicken salad sandwich from a fast food place?”. Trust me, Arby’s is good but it doesn’t hold a candle to our recipe!
How To Make Chicken Salad For Sandwiches Step by Step
What Bread Do You Use?
Now doesn’t that look scrumptious!
Other Add Ins Could Include:
Want to jazz this recipe up a bit? Try some of these add-ins!
- Other Nuts – Cashews, sliced almonds or walnuts would also go great with this salad.
- Hard Boiled Eggs – Slice up hard boiled eggs and fold them in to increase your protein.
- Other Fruit – Besides grapes I have used dried cranberries, or diced apples.
- Extra Flavorful Seasonings– You can add onion powder, garlic powder, Worchestershire (that’s a mouthful LOL), or Morton’s Season All Salt
- HERBS – Always a great addition are dill or parsley if you like.
Keep In Sealed Container In The Fridge But Don’t Freeze
Unfortunately the mayo in this recipe doesn’t always work out so well if you try to freeze and then thaw it. I would keep fresh in a sealed container for a couple days. But there are rarely any leftovers after making these sandwiches.
- 1 cup cooked chicken chopped
- 1/2 C grapes
- 1/2 C pecans
- 1/2 C mayo
- 1/4 tsp each of salt and pepper
- 1 small apple
- Coarsely chop apple, grapes, and pecans. Place in bowl with chicken, mayo, salt, and pepper. Stir until combined. Serve on bed of lettuce or lettuce lined bread.
You may also enjoy these chicken salad recipes: