We eat pretty low carb most days and I’m always looking for great low carb snacks. This Low Carb Broccoli Cauliflower Salad recipe is one I eat as a quick meal, side dish, or snack. Whenever I need something convenient to nibble on this is one of my go to recipes.
I’ve found that having dishes like this in the fridge and ready to go is the key to being successful on low carb, or any diet for that matter. The key to any eating plan is taking a little time in advance to make it convenient to eat that way. All too often, it’s the food that is the worst for us that is the most readily at hand so I try to counter that and go in the opposite direction when I’m working on eating healthier.
I know you’ll love this recipe! I’ll put a link to all of my low carb recipes at the bottom of this post so check those out, too.
I love a good simple recipe and this is one of those! You’ll need broccoli, cauliflower, mayo, apple cider vinegar, chopped onion, crumbled turkey bacon, walnuts, and cheese.
Stir together mayo, vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste.
(I usually do about 1/2 a teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper to start but y’all do what works for you. In other words, if you add 1/2 of a teaspoon and tell me it was too salty, that ones on you 😉)
Place all other ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
Pour dressing over all.
Stir to coat well and you’re good to go!
You can serve this immediately but I like to refrigerate it for a few hours to get it nice and chilled. This will easily keep in your fridge for up to a week and is a great snack, side, or meal in and of itself!
- 3 cups broccoli
- 2 cups cauliflower
- 8 slices cooked and crumbled turkey bacon
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese mild or sharp, your choice
- 1/2 cup yellow or vidalia onion chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 cup mayo
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place broccoli, cauliflower, bacon, onion, cheese, and walnuts in a large mixing bowl.
- In medium bowl, whisk together mayo, apple cider vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste. (I do about 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 pepper to start but go with what you think).
- Pour dressing over salad ingredients and toss to coat well. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. will keep for up to a week in the fridge.