This is one of my mother’s recipes and she took all of these photographs. I wasn’t even there for a bite of it! Mama has always had a way with peaches. In the future, I hope to show you her peach freezer jam and the historical peach crisp we make. She used to make this homemade sour dough bread and we’d eat it hot out of the oven with slices completely smothered in fresh peach freezer jam. Oh my lord, I miss living at home.
In the meantime, while I’m preparing my tutorial on peanut butter balls and finishing up my writing on my grandmother’s sweet potato pie, lets give you another of my mother’s summer classics : Fresh Peach Cobbler.
(notice Mama uses the real stuff, unlike me!), and fresh peeled peaches.
There is a note on how to substitute canned at the bottom.
This helps the sugar to dissolve faster.
DO NOT STIR.
I know you really want to…
DO NOT STIR!
Bake at 350 for 55 minutes, or until golden on the top.
If I didn’t have a food blog, that alone would be grounds for some sort of criminal charges.
Mamas are evil.
- 4 cups peeled and sliced peaches
- 2 T. lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 t. cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup self rising flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stick butter or margarine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt stick of butter in oven proo
- f casserole dish in oven while making pie ingredients.
- Pour the two T. lemon juice over the peaches. Stir to coat. Pour 1/2 cup sugar over peaches. Stir. Heat in microwave for 1 minute so that sugar begins to melt.
- Mix together 1 cup flour, 1 cup sugar, and cinnamon until blended. Pour in 1 cup milk and mix until blended.
- After butter is melted, take casserole out of oven and pour batter on top of melted butter. Pour peaches on top of batter. DO NOT STIR! Sprinkle a tablespoon of sugar over pie. Place in 350 oven and cook for 55 minutes or until golden.
Coming up this weekend, Peanut butter balls, Sweet Potato Casserole, or how to make dried beans…….whichever I get the hankering to put up first! I’m going out of town on Sunday and will be back Monday night. I plan on having a post scheduled to go up during that time but won’t be replying to any comments until I get back home. I hope y’all get some good things to eat while I’m gone!
If you don’t have fresh peaches or just want an easier way to do this, substitute the following for the fresh peaches: