Grab your favorite fresh fruit and toss them with a deliciously sweet and zesty fruit salad dressing, made from honey, lemon, and cinnamon.
Today I’m sharing a simple but sparklingly flavorful fresh fruit salad recipe with you. The fresh fruit of your choice is tossed in a light honey lemon dressing (with cinnamon), which brightens those flavors even more. Honestly, you’ll be amazed at how beautifully that little bit of cinnamon compliments everything.
This is a perfect sweet treat for that special person in your life. However, keep in mind that you are a special person in your life, too! It also makes a beautiful dish for bridal showers, baby showers, or luncheons.
You can easily use whatever fruit you prefer or have on hand. Some recommendations include fresh kiwi fruit, fresh strawberries, watermelon, blueberries, raspberries, apples, grapes, mandarins, mango, banana slices, or pineapple. Depending on when you make this fresh fruit salad recipe, use the best seasonal fruit and you can’t go wrong.
The instructions are as easy as cutting the fruit, making the dressing, and combining them both. The dressing is simply a matter of stirring together fresh or bottled lemon juice, honey, and a bit of cinnamon. Then you just let it chill so the fruit can marinate in the fruit salad dressing and you’re good to go.
- Lots of fresh fruit and/or fresh berries
How to Make Fresh Fruit Salad with Honey Lemon Dressing
Wash and slice fruit if needed, then drain and place them in a large bowl. Stir well to combine.
In a small bowl, whisk together honey, cinnamon, and lemon juice until well blended. Pour over fruit and toss to coat.
Chill for a few hours and stir again before serving.
I hope you get to treat yourself to this delicious fruit salad with honey lemon dressing soon. We spend so much time looking after others and loving on them that we sometimes forget to put our name on that list of people who need special attention, too! Have a most blessed day and thank you for being here.
Store leftover fruit salad in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. A fun way to use up leftovers is to turn them into a fruit smoothie!
- Another popular fruit salad dressing is honey lime dressing. It’s as simple as substituting the lemon for fresh or bottled lime juice.
- For extra flavor, add a teaspoon of fresh lemon zest (if using fresh lemon juice) or lime zest if using fresh lime juice.
- Another substitution? Lemon for fresh orange juice.
- Garnish your fresh fruit salad with chopped fresh mint leaves.
- I don’t recommend using frozen fruit in a fruit salad as it becomes soft and mushy once thawed.
- However, in a pinch, you can use canned fruit like pineapple or peaches. Just make sure they’re drained before tossing in the fruit salad.
- You can substitute the honey for agave nectar, as they have a similar natural sweetness. Maple syrup might be too sweet for this fruit salad dressing.
- Want a creamy fruit salad? Add 1 cup of vanilla or Greek yogurt to the fruit salad dressing.
- For extra texture, toss 1 tablespoon of shredded coconut into the salad.
How do I keep apples and bananas from turning brown?
If you are adding apples and bananas, make sure they get well coated in the dressing because that will keep them from browning. In or out of a fruit salad, coating in lemon juice is always the best method. I usually dice them up in the bowl first, pour the dressing over them, give them a good stir, then add the rest of my fruit to make sure they are taken care of.
Can I make my fruit salad in advance?
I recommend making the fresh fruit salad only up to 4 hours in advance to make sure the fruit looks as fresh as possible. Alternatively, cut up your fruit up to 24 hours in advance to save time and toss them in lemon juice. Then assemble the fruit salad the next day and follow the directions above.
You may also enjoy these scrumptious fruit salad recipes:
- 10-12 cups assorted fresh berries and fresh fruit blueberries, raspberries, kiwi, melon, strawberries, etc
- 1/3 cup bottled or fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Wash and slice fruit if needed, then drain and place them in a large bowl. Stir well to combine.10-12 cups assorted fresh berries and fresh fruit
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey, cinnamon, and lemon juice until well blended. Pour over fruit and toss to coat.1/3 cup bottled or fresh lemon juice, 1/3 cup honey, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Chill for a few hours and stir again before serving.
Solitude with God repairs the damage done by the fret and noise and clamor of the world.