Indulge in the ultimate summer treat with Peach Crisp! Sweet, juicy peaches topped with a golden, crunchy crust, bursting with flavor. Yum!
Today I’m sharing the first recipe I ever made, when I was three years old! Peach Crisp! This is a classic recipe, easily adjusted to work with whatever fruit you have on hand – fresh, canned, or frozen, and you can throw it together last minute as well.
Ingredients You Need to Make Peach Crisp:
You’ll need: Oats*, Brown Sugar*, Peaches, Butter or Margarine*, Flour*, and Cinnamon.
*Oats – Quick or old fashioned, whatever you have.
*Brown Sugar – dark or light, whichever you prefer
*Butter or Margarine – Whichever you have on hand and/or can afford. Ignore anyone who judges or complains, if they have free time for that then they have time to cook for themselves.
*Flour – All Purpose or Self Rising, either one will work just fine for our purposes here.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
Place all of your other peach crisp ingredients into a mixing bowl.
Mix ’em up really well with a long tined fork or pastry blender if you’re fancy.
(It’s just as okay to be fancy as it is to be plain)
Sprinkle that over the top of your peaches.
Bake at 400 for 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Serve peach crisp warm, with ice cream if you like. Enjoy!
- 29 ounce can sliced peaches drained
- 1/2 cup flour all purpose or self rising
- 3/4 cup brown sugar dark or light
- 1/2 cup oats quick or old fashioned
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter softened
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pour peaches into 8x8 baking dish.
- In large bowl, place all other ingredients. Mix will with a long tined fork or pastry cutter. Sprinkle over peaches.
- Bake at 400 until lightly browned, about 20 minutes. Serve warm.
- Excellent with ice cream.