Today we are sharing our Easy Cherry Crisp recipe! It can be put together in about 10 minutes and only takes 30 minutes to cook. The luscious cherries in a crumbly crisp make a dessert to remember…
Hey ya’ll! You will love this cherry crisp recipe. It is so easy. If you want to take it over the top, serve it with a dollop of whipped topping or a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Plain or topped, it is sure to please.
Now, most of you know that we at Southern Plate are not usually opposed to buying store brands or mixes. Any way that we can help you save a dollar is okay with us. But cherry pie filling is an exception to that rule. Having tried several store brands and finding that they didn’t have many cherries in them, we stick with this recipe instead. So unless you have a trusted brand that you have used before, I’d spend the extra to get a national brand.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
Our all-star lineup of ingredients for this Cherry Crisp recipe are:
- Cherry pie filling
- Brown sugar
Helpful Kitchen Tools
How to Make Cherry Crisp:
- Mix together flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, and chopped pecans.
- Pour in melted margarine and stir until combined.
- Put small dabs (that’s a word we use a lot here) all over the top of the pie filling I tried to use a spoon and then a fork but found my fingers did a better job of pinching off little dabs and putting it on the pie filling.
- Place cherry crisp in preheated 350 degree oven and bake for 30 minutes. And Enjoy!
This beautiful colorful, delicious dessert just makes us want to smile.
- I can cherry pie fIlling
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans optional
- 1/3 cup margarine or butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray baking dish with cooking spray
- Spread cherry pie filling into baking dish.
- Mix together flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, and pecans
- Pour melted butter or margarine over top of mixture and stir to combine.
- Put small dabs of mixture over top of pie filling
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Serve plain or topped with whipped topping or ice cream.