Today Mama is sharing her Easy Cherry Crisp recipe with us!
Hey ya’ll You will love this cherry crisp recipe. It is so easy. It can be put together in about 10 minutes and only takes 30 minutes to cook. If you want to take it over the top, serve it with a dollop of whipped topping or a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Plain or topped, it is sure to please.
Cherry Crisp from scratch
Now, most of you know that we at Southern Plate are not usually apposed to buying store brands or mixes. Any way that we can help you save a dollar is okay with us. But cherry pie filling is an exception to that rule. Having tried several store brands and found that they didn’t have many cherries in them, mostly filling we stick with this recipe instead. So unless you have a trusted brand that you have used before, I’d spend the extra to get a national brand.
How To Make A Cherry Crisp Recipe
Our all-star lineup of ingredients for this Cherry Crisp recipe today is:
- Cherry pie filling
- Brown sugar
- Spread pie filling in pie plate or 8×8 baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Mix together flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, and chopped pecans.
- Pour in melted margarine and stir until combined.
- Put small dabs (that’s a word we use a lot here) all over the top of the pie filling I tried to use a spoon and then a fork but found my fingers did a better job of pinching off little dabs and putting it on the pie filling.
- Place in preheated 350 degree oven and bake for 30 minutes. And Enjoy!
This beautiful colorful, delicious dessert just makes us want to smile.
- I can cherry pie fIlling
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans optional
- 1/3 cup margarine or butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray baking dish with cooking spray
- Spread cherry pie filling into baking dish.
- Mix together flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, and pecans
- Pour melted butter or margarine over top of mixture and stir to combine.
- Put small dabs of mixture over top of pie filling
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Serve plain or topped with whipped topping or ice cream.
Note: The pecans are optional but really take this dish over the top.
You may also like these recipes for crisps:
Or these recipes with cherries might tickle your fancy:
“Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.”