These delectable little bite size Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls are so easy and require no baking at all. Tastes just like a Peanut Butter Cup and if you love peanut butter, oh my, these are deeeelicious!
My friends to the north often call these Buckeyes as well so they can go by many names. But one thing is the same, they hit the spot every time.
Ingredients for Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls are:
- Creamy peanut butter
- Butter, softened
- Vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Vegetable shortening or for healthier option I use Coconut Oil (refined). If you like coconut flavor then use unrefined as this will add a bit of a coconut flavor to your dessert.
How to Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
Line a baking sheet, set aside.
In a medium bowl, mix creamy peanut butter, softened butter, vanilla, and confectioners’ sugar.
This will make a smooth stiff dough like the image above.
Shape into balls using approximately 2 teaspoons of dough for each ball. You can use the scoopy thing in the picture 🙂 or I have also used a soup spoon and formed the balls with my hands to fill about 1/2 to 3/4 of the bottom of the soup spoon. Place on the pan you lined and put in the refrigerator.
Melt shortening or coconut oil and chocolate together in a metal bowl over a pan of lightly simmering water. Use your double boiler if you have one.
Stir occasionally until smooth, and remove from heat.
Remove balls from refrigerator. Insert a wooden toothpick into each of them.
Dip into melted chocolate.
Return to wax paper, chocolate side down. Repeat with remaining balls. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to set.
Remove toothpicks and enjoy these Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls. They are perfect bite size treats!
- 1.5 cups Creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup Butter softened
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 3 cups Powdered sugar
- 1 cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp Vegetable shortening or Coconut Oil
- Line a baking sheet; set aside.In a medium bowl, mix peanut butter, butter, vanilla, and confectioners' sugar to form a smooth stiff dough. Shape into balls using approximately 2 teaspoons of dough for each ball. Place on pan you had set aside, and place in the refrigerator.
- Melt shortening or coconut oil* and chocolate together in a metal bowl over a pan of lightly simmering water. You can use your double boiler if you have one. Stir occasionally until smooth, and remove from heat.
- Remove balls from refrigerator. Insert a wooden toothpick into each and dip into melted chocolate. Return to lined pan, chocolate side down. Repeat with remaining balls. Remove toothpicks. Put back in the refrigerator to set for approximately 30 minutes. And serve.
Other peanut butter recipes you may enjoy are: