Superbowl is this weekend and I know a lot of y’all are ready to get your game on, so just in time for Football fun, here is our Football Food Group Primer!
Forget the normal food groups, those go out the door when game time arrives.
The four food groups of Football are as follows: Salty, Crunchy, Saucy, & Sweet
And go ahead and add in a fifth food group here just in case titled: GOOD! That leaves it wide open for you to have all the fun you want! Here are a few of my recipes to get your ovens going for the big game!
Here is a selection of recipes that will help keep your energy up while you cheer on your favorite team this Sunday
(or in my case, wait through that time where men are playing with a football so you can see more funny commercials)
Click name to go to that recipe
1. Cheesy Baked Vidalia Dip – Dip some fritos or crackers into this and you have saucy, salty, and crunchy!
2. Twinkie Cake – Throw this together Saturday and put in the fridge for a quick something sweet to serve up during commercial break
3. Comeback Sauce – This sauce is simple as can be to make and a MUST with chicken fingers, wings, even fries and chips!
4. Slow cooked bbq ribs will have you licking your fingers clean-and you don’t even need a grill! definitely saucy!
5. Chicken Planks have been a family favorite for generations but I have to warn you, you might have lots of extra guests if they find our you’re making these! These fit into the Salty AND Crunchy Categories
6. Stuffed Pizza Sticks are Saucy! They’re also my dad’s favorite for any game.
7. Peanut butter fudge iced brownies – I shouldn’t even have to elaborate on these. Make them.
8. Little Pigs in a Blanket are just the right size to grab a handful and head back into the living room! I’m gonna categorize these as crunchy…and good!
9. One skillet Chili Bake – Perfect Man Food and it’s saucy, so of course it goes along great with football.
HAVE A GREAT GAME!
“I find it almost comforting to count calories, because it makes me conscious of what I’m eating. But on Super Bowl Sunday, I though, ‘Surrender to it. It’s nacho time.’ Then I ate nothing but Doritos all day.”
How many servings does this make?
I’m sorry I’m too late for entering this contest…I usually am too late for things. I work two jobs and hard for me to keep up with all of my emails. I appreciate all from you and please don’t stop sending them to me. I would have loved to win this for my hearing impaired boy at the school I am working at and his family. This family is not as fortunate as most of us and the school and I have tried to help out as much as possible. They also receive help from local churches. This hearing impaired boy is so good, and has straight A s in citizenship. He and I will talk about making it to Disney World someday…my hope is that he does get to go somehow, whether it will be by me or someone else. But thanks for this opportunity to allow us to leave our comments and I will catch the next contest hopefully…thank again 🙂
I made the Twinkie cake tonight, got ribs ready, piglets going to be good, making this dip and cheese dip as well as some green beans with diced tomatoes and onions. Yummmmmmm
Thank you for this list. I am always lookin’ on your blog for your great recipes. I am from NE Mississippi. So, we eat like ya’ll do! 🙂
I could dig into every bit of that right now!
They all sound wonderful. Thanks for the ideas.