Discover the heartwarming delight of our Apple Pie. With a tender crust and a perfect blend of apples and warm spices, it’s a timeless treat to savor with loved ones.
This recipe is actually quite easy. The most difficult and time consuming part is simply peeling and “chipping” the apples. In no time at all you will be wowing folks with your apple pie.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Apples (at least two different kinds, one being Granny Smith)
- Lemon Juice
- Corn Starch
- Pie Crusts (You can make your own, I just use Pilsbury)
- A wee bit of apple juice
Helpful Kitchen Tools
How to Make Apple Pie:
Prepare your pie crust like this
SMELL this now, its getting there! Go ahead and eat a coated apple slice!
After you’ve sealed them together (see left side of pic), fold the edges over and crimp them with your fingers or use a fork, whichever you prefer (see right side of pic).
Melt some butter and brush it over the crust then sprinkle a bit of sugar on top to make it even prettier!
Cover pie in foil and cut and peel back the center so mainly the outer edges are covered. Return to oven and bake for an additional 45-55 minutes.
Enjoy your delicious apple pie! We suggest eating with a scoop of your favorite vanilla ice cream 🙂
- 1 Package Pilsbury Pie Crusts
- 9-10 apples two different kinds, one Granny Smith
- 1/4 Cup Apple Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Corn Starch
- dash of salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- Preheat oven to 425. Roll one pie crust out into pie plate. Peel and chip apples into large mixing bowl. In separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients and stir to blend. Combine all liquid ingredients in another bowl and stir to blend. Pour dry and liquid over apples and stir well.
- Place in oven and bake 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cover entire pie with foil. Cut slits in center of foil and peel back so mainly the outer edge is covered (to prevent it from burning). Reduce heat to 375 and continue baking for 45-55 minutes or until golden.