- Frozen baby limas (unless you just hate limas, then use some other vegetable that you have a better relationship with)
- Frozen gumbo vegetable mix (unless you just hate gumbo vegetable mix, then use some other vegetable mix that you have a better relationship with)
- Frozen southern style hash browns (the cubed ones. If you hate hash browns, its time to start examining your issues with veggies at this point)
- Diced tomatoes
- Italian Dressing mix
- BBQ sauce
Full recipe with ingredient amounts and instructions are in the printable recipe card below. Keep scrollin’
Take all of your ingredients and stir them together in a large bowl until well mixed.
Now whenever I use frozen limas people are always surprised they don’t have to cook a lot longer but usually folks are thinking about dried beans and these are dried, they’re frozen, So think of them like you would other frozen veggies.
Pour this into a 3 quart baking dish or 9×13 pan. Cover with foil. Bake at 350 for 45 – 60 minutes, or until chicken is done and vegetables are tender. Before serving, stir this again really well to evenly distribute the sauce.
- 3 cups frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- 2 cups frozen baby lima beans
- 12 ounce bag vegetable gumbo mix or mixed veggies of your choice
- 14 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 - 1 cup BBQ sauce depending on how much flavor you want to add
- pouch Italian dressing mix 0.7 ounces
- 1-2 pounds raw chicken cut into bite sized pieces
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and stir until very well mixed.
- Pour into a greased 3 quart casserole or 9x13 pan and cover with foil.
- Bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes or until veggies are tender and chicken is cooked through. Stir well before serving.
You may also enjoy this other Brunswick stew we call
Here are some other chicken recipes for y’all:
“The natural state of motherhood is unselfishness. When you become a mother, you are no longer the center of your own universe. You relinquish that position to your children.”