Learn how to make your own version of that Sonic Drive In favorite at home!
Hey friends! I’m going to be quick today because this is our 20th wedding anniversary and we’ve got a fun afternoon/evening planned.
Christy, what is your idea of a fun afternoon/evening? Well, I’m glad you asked! You see, I don’t really like going out. It’s just not my thing. A cave and a book and I’m happy for a good ten years or so. But 20th anniversaries only come along once in a scarce lifetime so my husband (who, bless his heart, does like to go out) said to think of whatever I’d like to do and we would do it. With that kind of free reign I thought about what my perfect evening would be like, and that is how it became an afternoon/evening outing because my perfect evening ends somewhere in the 7-8:00 pm vicinity with an early bedtime.
So we are leaving this afternoon to go grab tacos at my favorite local place because I don’t really like going to restaurants unless I have to (it’s a drive through, we get to eat in the car!) and then we are catching a movie I want to see – which thrills my husband because I don’t think I’ve been to a movie theater in at least 5 years – and then we are going through another drive through for coffee, then home.
And this is what gets me excited. It’s a near perfect evening in my book. What is your perfect evening like? I’d like to hear about it in the comments on this post! It’s fun to think of how very different we all are, but we still share the common love of family, friends, and food! Let’s make some Limeades!
You’ll need: Maraschino Cherries, Juice from the cherries*, Sprite*, Fresh Limes.
*I like to purchase the individual cans of Sprite so it has lots of fizz. I usually use Sprite Zero when making this for myself.
**You can also use a little bit of grenadine in place of the cherry juice. It’s purchased on the aisle that has mixed drinks and such on it (alcohol) but it has no alcohol in it and we use it for one of our other favorite family friendly drinks, the Tropical Pink.
- Cut one lime into round thin slices, these will go in the bottom of your glass. Cut the other lime into wedges.
- Place a round lime slice and a couple of cherries in the bottom of each glass.
- Fill your glass with ice and then add Sprite, squeeze one wedge of lime into glass, then add about 2 tablespoons of cherry juice or Grenadine. Give it a very gentle stir and you’re ready to go!
Enjoy your refreshing drink!
- Maraschino Cherries with Juice* (Can also use grenadine in place of cherry juice)
- 2 Limes
- Cut each lime into wedges or slices (I slice one in round slices and one in wedges, see photo steps above).
- Place one bit of lime in bottom of each glass along with 2-3 cherries.
- Fill glass with ice. Add Sprite to fill, along with about 2 tablespoons cherry juice or grenadine, and a squeeze of a lime wedge. Stir lightly and enjoy!
Depth of friendship does not depend on length of acquaintance.
~Rabindranath Tagore (yes, I was able to spell that 🙂 )Yum