When making my Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe the other day received the most lofty praise I could ever hope for yesterday. My precious 5 year old Katy Rose took one bite and said “Ma, you are the goodest cooker EVER!”. My heart melted. And these cookies with melt in your mouth 🙂
She went on to add in all of her five year old wisdom “I even think you might be a better cooker than me!”.
Note to self: The goal of having the kids help in the kitchen in order to bring about higher self esteem has definitely been successful.
Today’s recipe is just that – streamlined ingredients, shortcut cookies – but it will still land you as the title of “Goodest _____ Ever”!
Sure, we could be the “Best” but I’ll pick “Goodest” over that any day!
Wanna be the “goodest” girlfriend, boyfriend, husband, wife, mother, grandmother, grandfather, employer, employee, coworker, neighbor, etc? Whatever your goal, these double chocolate chip cookies will help you reach it. It will most likely put you over the top and then some.
- Baking mix
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Vanilla (or the cheap imitation stuff that I use!)
- Semisweet Chocolate chips
Notes on the Recipe Ingredients:
- For the chocolate chips you’ll need a whole 12 ounce bag plus one cup.
- You can use Bisquick baking mix if you don’t have Pioneer. I prefer Pioneer because the container just makes so much more sense! It’s handy to be able to put that lid on and place it neatly on my shelf.
How to Make Chocolate Chocolate Chips Cookies Step by Step
Pour your package of chocolate chips in a bowl and heat those in the microwave for-
thirty seconds, stir, thirty seconds, stir, thirty seconds, stir…
until melted and smooth and creamy 🙂
Place your baking mix in a large mixing bowl.
Add your sweetened condensed milk.
If my blood sugar would let me I could drink a can of this a day. As it is, I settle for licking the spatula after I scrape it all out of the can. Calories don’t count when you’re cooking, ya know.
Crack your egg into the bowl.
Add your vanilla and stir.
Now we have our smooth and creamy chocolate..
Dump that in there, too!
Add in melted butter.
Now we need to mix that up with an electric mixer until smooth and well blended.
Now we are gonna pour in our chocolate chips into the well mixed batter and mix those up again until well blended.
I store my extra chocolate chips in a mason jar. I store just about everything in mason jars if I have them around. They’re handy and can be reused forever. They are also kinda pretty sitting around with dried beans and popcorn and such in them. Kinda like edible decorations for those of you who like countrified things. I’m kinda countrified m’self so I tend to feel a kinship with mason jars, I guess.
Drop by spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Loving These Cookie Sheets
I love these cookie sheets. They’re called Airbake and you can get them at Wal Mart and many other places. They are insulated with a layer of air in between two sheets of metal and if you get them, you’ll have perfect cookies every time. You can also scrub them since there is no nonstick coating. I reckon I’ve had these for about ten years or so.
If you are interested in the Airbake Cookie sheets here is a link to them on Amazon…
If you decide to purchase them Southern Plate will get a small commission to be put toward updating recipes and providing new ones. Thank you kindly if you do. Let’s get back to baking!
Bake them at 350 for 10-12 minutes, or until the tops are nicely cracked like this.
You don’t want to over bake them so be sure not to let them go past twelve unless you know your oven isn’t heating like it should.
Voila! Our finished cookies!
These are deeply decadently chocolaty and chewy. I hope you enjoy them.
- 2 cups baking mix Bisquick, Pioneer Brand, etc
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 12 ounce package semi sweet chocolate chips plus 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- Pour 12 ounce package of chocolate chips into bowl and heat in microwave at thirty second intervals, stirring after each, until smooth and creamy.
- In large mixing bowl, place all other ingredients except for additional cup of chocolate chips (the ones you didn't melt). Mix well until well blended. Add in additional un-melted chocolate chips and mix again until they are incorporated.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto un-greased baking sheets and bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from cookie sheets, cool, and eat. Makes about three dozen cookies.
You may also like these chocolate chip cookie recipes:
Believe your beliefs, doubt your doubts
but never doubt your beliefs or believe your doubts.
Submitted by Vicky. Add to our wealth of wisdom by clicking here!