Take an ordinary batch of soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies and make them extra indulgent with the addition of toffee bits to make this easy toffee chocolate chip cookies recipe.
Who doesn’t love a good old chocolate chip cookie? But add in a little something extra and you have this toffee chocolate chip cookies recipe. They are soft and chewy with the added bonus of toffee pieces. This classic chocolate chip cookies recipe feels even more indulgent than the original and I for one am not complaining one bit!
Since they are chewy, these are great cookies to make ahead of time if you plan on taking a trip in a few days and want cookies that still taste fresh for a week or two.
Fortunately, this is an easy cookie recipe to follow and I bet you already have most of the ingredients in your kitchen right now. Of course, there are chocolate chips and toffee pieces, but then you’ve also got brown sugar for extra flavor, corn syrup to make them chewy, salt to balance the flavors, and all the usual ingredients (butter, flour, you name it).
If you’re looking for other chocolate chip cookie recipes that take the ordinary cookie to the next level, check these out! Enjoy my chocolate chocolate chip cookie recipe, mint chocolate chip cookies, chocolate chip potato chip cookies (sounds weird, tastes delicious), and chocolate chip meringue cookies.
That little something different makes them extra special. Now, let me show you how easy these cookies are to make!
- Brown sugar (can use light or dark brown sugar)
- Unsalted butter (softened)
- Corn syrup (this makes them chewy). If you want a substitute for corn syrup go HERE to a great article for suggestions including honey, agave, maple syrup, etc.
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Toffee baking bits (I used the Heath brand that I found near the chocolate chips).
Place butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, and egg in a large bowl.
Beat with an electric mixer until well combined and fluffy.
Now, add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
Mix this until well combined.
Add in toffee chips and milk chocolate chips.
Stir until incorporated.
Lightly spray a baking sheet with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
Scoop dough out with a cookie scoop or spoon, leaving about 2 inches of space between each cookie dough ball.
Bake for 10-11 minutes or until just lightly brown on the bottom.
Let your toffee chocolate chip cookies cool on the cookie sheet for a few minutes and then remove them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Ring the cookie bell! Okay, so technically it would be a dinner bell but why don’t we have a cookie bell, too? 😉
Enjoy your yummy toffee chocolate chip cookies! Eat one for yourself… and one for me. Because that is what good friends do!
- Store cookies, covered, at room temperature for up to 5 days and in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- You can also freeze baked and unbaked cookie dough for up to 3 months. Make a double batch of cookies or individually freeze cookie dough balls so you can easily bake a cookie at a time when the craving hits.
- My Mama says parchment paper works best for these. You can use the same sheet multiple times.
- You can make the cookie dough three days ahead. Cover and store it in the fridge and then let it come to room temperature before baking.
- Feel free to substitute for if you prefer.
You may also like these cookie recipes:
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package semi sweet chocolate chips 12 ounces
- 1 package toffee baking bits 6 ounces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a baking sheet with cooking spray or line it with parchment paper.
- Place the brown sugar, butter, corn syrup, and egg in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until well combined. Add in flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix again to combine. Stir in the milk chocolate chips and toffee chips until just incorporated.1 cup light brown sugar, 1 cup butter, 1/4 cup light corn syrup, 1 egg, 2 cups all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1 package toffee baking bits, 1 package semi sweet chocolate chips
- Drop the dough by tablespoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving about two inches in between each cookie. Bake for 10-11 minutes, until edges are golden brown. Cool on the cookie sheet for a few minutes before removing them to a wire rack or platter to allow them to cool completely.