We love a good old chocolate chip cookie in my house. In fact, they are my son’s favorite. Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies are soft and chewy with the added bonus of toffee bits for a classic that feels even more indulgent than the original! Since they are chewy, these are great cookies to make ahead of time if you plan on taking a trip in a few days and want cookies that still taste fresh for a week or two.
My mother has been making these weekly for a while now and her grandsons make short work of devouring them. That little something different makes them extra special. Let me show you how easy they are to make!
You’ll need: brown sugar, butter (softened), corn syrup (this makes them chewy), egg, all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, semi sweet chocolate chips, and Toffee Baking Bits (I used the Heath brand that I found near the chocolate chips).
Place butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, and egg in a large mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until well combined and fluffy.
Like this. Now, don’t taste of it because it has a raw egg in it. Save the tasting for me 🙂
Now, add in flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix that until well combined.
Add in toffee bits and chocolate chips. Stir until incorporated.
Lightly spray a baking sheet with cooking spray or line with parchment paper* and scoop dough out, leaving about 2 inches space between each cookie. *My Mama says parchment paper works best for these. You can use the same sheet multiple times.
Bake 10-11 minutes or until just lightly browned on the bottom.
Let cool on cookie sheet for a few minutes and then remove to cool completely.
Ring the cookie bell! Okay, so technically it would be a dinner bell but why don’t we have a cookie bell, too? It could be one of those fun little tinkling bells that we keep on the kitchen counter. Let me know if you want to help me start this tradition folks. Future generations could benefit greatly from our wisdom!
Enjoy your yummy toffee chocolate chip cookies! Eat one for you – and one for me. Because that is what good friends do!
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounce package semi sweet chocolate chips
- 6 ounce toffee baking bits
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray baking sheets with cooking spray or line with parchment paper. *My Mama says parchment paper works best for these. You can use the same sheet multiple times.
- Place brown sugar, butter, corn syrup and egg in a large bowl. Beat iwth electric mixer until well combined. Add in flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix again to combine. Stir in the chocolate chips and toffee bits until just incorporated.
- Drop the dough by tablespoonfuls onto baking sheets, leaving about two inches in between each cookie. Bake 10-11 minutes, until edges are golden brown. Cool on the sheet for a few minutes before removing them to a cookie rack or platter to allow to cool completely.