Chewy, sweet, lightly salty chocolate chip potato chip cookies are just a few ingredients away! And finally, we know what to do with those crushed chips at the bottom of the bag! Okay, we finally know a socially acceptable thing to do because 99% of us just turn that thing up and pour them into our mouths- but let’s keep that on the down low and pretend we don’t. While I am a ALL COOKIE LOVER (click here to see my entire cookie recipe collection) there is always a soft spot for chocolate chips with everyone I know. This is one of those fun recipes you can bring and folks will say “Now WHAT did you say these were?”, prompting them to eat one out of curiosity, and then a second out of need.
Because it is that time of year and we all have needs when it comes to homemade cookies. Let’s get baking!
Now y’all know I tend to lean towards generic when it comes to ingredients so if I ever tell you I use a name brand you need to know that it makes a difference. Having said that, feel free to use generic anyway because I am not the boss of you.
To make these, I use: unsalted butter, brown sugar, white sugar, eggs, self rising flour, vanilla, semi sweet chocolate chips (I spend the extra and get Ghiradelli for these because every now and then we all need to be a little high maintenance), and some crushed potato chips.
In large mixing bowl, place butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat with an electric mixer until well combined and creamy.
To mixing bowl add: eggs, flour, and vanilla. Beat again until fully incorporated, scraping down sides if needed.
Add in chocolate chips and potato chips and mix again until integrated into the dough.
Cover dough and refrigerate for an hour.
I know you probably want to skip this step. I get it. Patience is not one of my spiritual gifts. 😉 But I actually bit the bullet and wait the hour on these.
Using a cookie dough scoop (about a tablespoon in size), place scoops of dough about two inches apart on lightly greased baking sheet.
I mosh them down just a tiny bit in the middle so they aren’t ball shaped, but not much.
Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes, being careful not to over brown but removing when it is just lightly browned around the edges.
Oh. My. Goodness. Make sure you try one warm!
They are great at room temp of course but once they have cooled I like to wrap one in a paper towel and put it in the microwave for a ten seconds or so.
Beautiful little cookies! You’ve been good all week and now it is time to reward yourself!
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temp
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2.5 cups self rising flour
- 2 teaspoons good quality vanilla
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips best quality you can find, I use Ghiradelli for these
- 2 cups coarsely crushed wavy potato chips
- In large mixing bowl, place butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat with an electric mixer until well combined and creamy.
- To mixing bowl add: eggs, flour, and vanilla. Beat again until fully incorporated, scraping down sides if needed.
- Add in chocolate chips and potato chips and mix again until integrated into the dough.
- Cover dough and refrigerate for an hour.
- Using a cookie dough scoop, place scoops of dough about two inches apart on lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes, being careful not to over brown but removing when it is just lightly browned around the edges.
Don’t worry about the numbers. Help one person at a time and always start with the person nearest you.
I would love it if you could share any of your favorite quotes or sayings! Feel free to leave them in the comments below or click here to visit our Give A Penny Quote Post.Yum