The smell of the scented dough is amazing!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup salt
- 2 cups water
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons cream of tartar
- 3 Tablespoons blue JELL-O powder
- 3 Tablespoons red JELL-O powder I used strawberry
- 2 teaspoons water divided
- Add the flour, salt, water, oil and cream of tartar to a Dutch oven or large pan.
- Place pan on the stove over medium heat, stirring continuously until a stiff ball of dough forms and you can stir no longer (3-4 minutes).
- Remove the dough from the pan and place it on your working space. Knead the dough for 1-2 minutes while it is still warm. Allow it to cool for 5 minutes.
- Separate the dough into 3 even sections. Set aside one section to use as white playdough. Place the remaining 2 sections into separate mixing bowls. Add the jello powders (red and blue) to each bowl along with a teaspoon of water. The smell of the scented dough is amazing! Knead until the color is evenly distributed - use gloved hands if you don't want blue and red fingers.
- Enjoy using the soft playdough with your favorite Smurfs figures!
You might also enjoy this recipe! Cherry Limeade