This delicious watermelonade recipe includes hints of honey and lime juice for the most refreshing summer drink.
I have a difficult time making recipes like this watermelon lemonade with a watermelon because I feel like watermelon, in and of itself, is about as perfect as it can get. Just hand me a salt shaker and a knife and get out of my way!
But today’s watermelonade recipe is a special exception. Why? Because it is basically watermelon that you can drink. No knife, no stickiness, sit back with a straw, and drink the whole melon if the mood hits ya. I add just enough “extra” stuff to enhance the flavor, being careful not to detract from it.
These extra ingredients include lime juice to put the “lemonade” in watermelonade. Then I also add honey for sweetness and a touch of salt, which is totally optional. The instructions are as easy as they come. Just pop all the ingredients in a blender and blend it up until it’s liquefied. Then pour it into a cup filled with crushed ice and you have watermelon lemonade. This is the perfect refreshing drink to enjoy during summer.
So next time you go to buy (or pick) a watermelon, buy (or pick) two instead. Eat one, drink the other. You can’t go wrong! If you wanna see how I do it, skip right on down to the first picture.
And now for the watermelonade.
- Fresh watermelon
- Bottled or fresh lime juice
How to Make Watermelonade
Now here are the instructions, so don’t blink because you’ll miss it, k?
Put all of the ingredients into a blender.
Blend until smooth and completely liquified
Serve your watermelonade over crushed ice.
That’s it! Told ya this watermelon lemonade was too easy.
Sit back, put your feet up, and enjoy your watermelonade!
This is best served immediately. But just adjust the ingredients depending on how many servings you’re after.
- Feel free to substitute the lime juice for bottled or fresh lemon juice.
- Another popular substitution is using granulated sugar instead of honey for that added sweetness.
- Garnish with a lime slice (or lemon slice) and a fresh mint sprig.
- You can pour the watermelonade straight into a glass with ice. However, you may also like to strain it first for a smoother finish.
- If you seek an alcoholic watermelonade, add an ounce of vodka or tequila to your glass and give it a good stir before enjoying it. The perfect summer cocktail!
You may also like these refreshing drink recipes:
- 5-6 cups cubed watermelon black seeds removed
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 pinch salt, optional
- Place all ingredients into a blender and cover. Blend on high speed until completely liquified.5-6 cups cubed watermelon, 1/4 cup lime juice, 1/4 cup honey, 1 pinch salt, optional
- Serve over crushed ice.