Looking for a crispy and cheesy snack or appetizer that can be ready in under 10 minutes and uses only 2 ingredients? Well then, you need these addictive parmesan crisps in your life.
There’s a lot to love about this easy parmesan crisps recipe:
- Did I mention it’s a super duper ? You can be snacking on these delicious treats in just 10 minutes! All you have to do is place the parmesan cheese on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 5 to 7 minutes. That’s it!
- It takes just two ingredients to make these parmesan crisps: parmesan cheese (of course) and our zesty bread seasoning.
- It’s such a versatile recipe. Serve your baked parmesan crisps as a cheeseboard appetizer for your next game day and dip them in some marinara sauce or ranch. Alternatively, serve them as a crouton on your favorite salad or alongside your favorite soup. They would taste delicious with my tomato basil soup or chicken noodle soup.
- They’re crispy, cheesy, and totally addictive. Just try and stop yourself at one baked cheese crisp!
Now you know just how good and easy it is to make these crunchy treats, I think it’s time to get baking.
- Shredded parmesan cheese
- Zesty bread seasoning (find the recipe here)
How to Make Parmesan Crisps
Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Place the parmesan cheese by the tablespoonful in small piles on the baking sheet.
Flatten the shredded cheese piles out evenly.
Sprinkle the zesty bread seasoning (or seasoning of your choice) over the shredded cheese.
Bake for 5 to 7 minutes, or until golden brown and the edges start to crisp up.
Serve your parmesan cheese crisps however you like!
Store your parmesan cheese crisps in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. You can freeze them for several months, but they won’t be as crunchy once defrosted.
- If you want to make this recipe even simpler, swap the zesty bread seasoning for just dried basil instead. Other flavor options include garlic powder, cayenne pepper for a kick, everything bagel seasoning, , or black pepper too. I don’t recommend adding extra salt (such as or ) as is already salty.
- If your crisps are more chewy than crunchy, they might have been too thick when placed in the oven. Ensure your parmesan piles aren’t too thick!
- Ensure your cheese crisps are cooled before lifting them off the with a thin spatula, as they might break otherwise.
- Instead of parmesan cheese, you can totally adapt this recipe to feature your grated cheese of choice. That might be cheddar cheese or a combination of cheeses. Go wild!
- A combination of cheddar cheese and grated parmesan cheese will make your chips a little thicker, if that’s more your style.
- I prefer to make these in the oven, but you can also use your microwave to make your keto parmesan crisps. Place the cheese mounds on a greased plate and microwave for 30 to 40 seconds, until set.
Here are more appetizing appetizers you might enjoy:
- 2 cups shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp zesty bread seasoning see notes for recipe link
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the parmesan cheese by the tablespoonful in small piles on the prepared baking sheet. Flatten the piles out evenly and sprinkle dried basil or the zesty bread seasoning over the shredded parmesan cheese.2 cups shredded parmesan cheese, 2 tsp zesty bread seasoning
- Bake for 5 to 7 minutes, or until golden brown and the edges start to crisp up.