These festive flavored meatballs are perfect on a holiday buffet or as a little nibble while waiting on the big meal to finish up.
I hate to imagine life without a bag of frozen meatballs in my freezer. I have used them for last minute parties, potlucks, fellowships, and even entire family dinners when the need arose. Making them homemade is always great but having that bag of all beef meatballs (we also love the turkey ones) on hand for “food emergencies” has saved the day on more occasions than I care to count.
One of our favorite recipes for meatballs are my Dr Pepper Meatballs, but these sweet and mildly spicy cousins come in at a very close second and have a distinctive holiday flare to their taste.
To make them, you’ll need: Fully cooked frozen meatballs, whole berry cranberry sauce, chili sauce, honey, orange juice, salt, and pepper.
Do you always end up with one random can of cranberry sauce in your pantry? I do! This is what that can was meant for. 🙂
Place all ingredients except for meatballs into a large sauce pot or dutch oven. Bring just to a boil over medium high heat while stirring often.
Carefully add meatballs and reduce heat to medium low. Simmer for 15-20 minutes, until they are heated through and sauce is thickened.
I hope y’all are as excited as I am about the first day of November! The leaves are just now starting to change where I live and we have the prettiest rain today. We’ve been looking forward to Thanksgiving all year and I can’t believe we are finally in the home stretch! What are your Thanksgiving plans?
- Approximately 1.5 pounds frozen fully cooked meatballs (we use all beef or turkey)
- 1 can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup orange juice
- ⅓ cup honey
- ½ cup chili sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine everything except meatballs in a dutch oven or similar pot on stovetop. Stirring constantly, bring just to a boil over medium high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium low. Carefully add meatballs and stir to coat. Continue cooking until meatballs are heated through and sauce is thickened, 15-20 minutes.
- Serve on their own as an appetizer or over rice as a meal.
“Fast and Furious is not your only option in life.”