Infused with garlic, salt and pepper, oregano, and parsley, this easy and delicious homemade zesty garlic bread seasoning recipe will add zest and flavor to so many dishes. The possibilities are limitless!
This recipe for zesty garlic bread seasoning came to me via a Dallas restaurant. They gave our table a basket of what they called “toasties”: strips of crunchy toasted bread covered in the most amazing seasoning. We asked about the seasoning and found out that they sold it, so I was able to bring it home for my family to try as well.
From the very first batch of this zesty garlic bread I made at home, folks came out of the woodwork. “What is that delicious smell?” “When is it going to be ready?” My favorite was when my daughter’s best friend, Sara Jane, came over and the moment she walked in the door she paused and said, “I don’t know what it is but as soon as it’s done I want some!”.
To say that this wonderfully seasoned toasted bread was a hit would be an understatement. So you know I had to come up with my own recipe in order to duplicate it after my jar of seasoning was gone. The zesty seasoning recipe I am sharing with you today is not identical to the one from the tea room, but it is close enough that my family still offers up the same reactions whenever they smell the bread toasting.
This mix makes a wonderful gift, especially when accompanied by a nice loaf of french bread. It also has plenty of uses as an all-purpose seasoning too. All that is required is a bowl and a spoon to stir it together!
- Granulated garlic
- White pepper
How to Make Zesty Garlic Bread Seasoning
Stir all dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl until very well blended. Store in an airtight container.
To Make Zesty Homemade Garlic Bread
Melt 1 stick (1/2 cup) of butter and stir in 1 tablespoon of mix. Brush the seasoned melted butter on 6 to 8 pieces of bread before placing them on a and toasting in the oven.
When stored in an airtight container, this seasoning will last for a long time (or until one of the herbs or spices expires).
- Feel free to substitute the granulated garlic for garlic powder. You can also swap the dried oregano and dried basil for other Italian seasoning ingredients (or use a combination of them all). This includes dried marjoram and dried parsley.
- This seasoning tastes great on all kinds of , including and homemade soft unleavened bread recipe. An easy way to make homemade garlic bread.
- Another ingredient many people include in garlic bread seasoning to make is 1/2 cup of powdered parmesan cheese or freshly .
- If you do use fresh ingredients, like fresh , , or to make some deliciously , note the seasoning won’t last as long.
- Serve your toasted garlic bread with your favorite pasta dish or Italian-inspired main meal, like crockpot lasagna or Italian meatball soup.
How else can I use this zesty seasoning?
I recommend patting the seasoning onto pork chops or chicken tenders before cooking. You can also sprinkle it on a homemade pizza for added flavor. Other options include turning the toasted garlic bread into flavored croutons for your favorite salad and tossing the seasoning into a bowl of freshly popped popcorn. Told you the possibilities are endless!
You may also like these recipes:
The Best Roasted Asparagus Seasoning
- 1/2 cup kosher salt
- 1.75 cups granulated garlic
- 1/2 cup dried oregano
- 1/2 cup dried parsley
- 1.5 tbsp white pepper
- Stir all ingredients together in a mixing bowl until very well blended. Store in an airtight container.1/2 cup kosher salt, 1.75 cups granulated garlic, 1/2 cup dried oregano, 1/2 cup dried parsley, 1.5 tbsp white pepper
To Make Zesty Garlic Bread
- Melt 1 stick (1/2 cup) of butter and stir in 1 tablespoon of mix. Brush on 6-8 pieces of bread before toasting in the oven.
“If you aren’t in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?”
~T. S. Eliot
This mix sounds delicious and I’d use in on a lot of things!