This is a shortcut version of our Old Fashioned Chicken Stew. Even though it is made in a fraction of the time, it still has that wonderful old fashioned flavor of the stew we love so much!
The main difference is that I can have this on the table in less than half an hour, making an old fashioned stew do-able even on my busiest of days.
I’m sharing my heart in another post today, with added motivation to make this stew. If you’d like to read that, please click here.
Print this recipe below and enjoy!
- 1 Rotisserie chicken skin removed, meat shredded and set aside
- 2 x 48 ounce cartons chicken broth
- 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 10 ounces frozen diced onion or one large onion
- 32 ounces frozen cubed hash browns
- 32 ounces frozen whole kernel corn not creamed
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3-4 teaspoons pepper
- Place all ingredients in large stock pot over medium high heat.
- Stir often until it comes to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender, about twenty minutes.
If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.
Romans 12:18 KJV Submitted by Mike Childers