How I Make This Delicious Chicken Stew Recipe in 30 Minutes
This Chicken Stew recipe is a shortcut version of my family’s Old Fashioned Chicken Stew. Even though it is made in a fraction of the time it normally takes, it still has that wonderful old fashioned flavor of the stew we all love so much! It is truly comfort food at it’s finest and a staple meal seen often on our table.
What’s the difference with this chicken stew?
The main difference between this recipe and the original version is that I can have this one on the table in less than half an hour, making an old fashioned stew do-able even on my busiest of days keeping us out of the drive-thru. You won’t be disappointed in the flavor and you will love the ease in how it comes together.
Ingredients for my Chicken Stew that will take you 30 minutes include:
- A Rotisserie chicken
- Chicken broth
- Can of crushed tomatoes
- Hash Browns
- Whole kernel corn
Print this recipe below and enjoy!
- 1 Rotisserie chicken skin removed, meat shredded and set aside
- 2 x 48 ounce cartons chicken broth
- 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 10 ounces frozen diced onion or one large onion
- 32 ounces frozen cubed hash browns
- 32 ounces frozen whole kernel corn not creamed
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3-4 teaspoons pepper
- Place all ingredients in large stock pot over medium high heat.
- Stir often until it comes to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender, about twenty minutes.
You might also enjoy these recipes!
If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.
Romans 12:18 KJV Submitted by Mike Childers