Today I’m bringing you a super quick and easy steak sandwich recipe to give us all a break as the weeks get busier and busier. These tender juicy slices of steak go perfectly with the flavorful ingredients for these sandwiches.
Quick and Easy Steak Sandwiches
Even though the world won’t stop for us, we can at least streamline things a bit by serving these gorgeous steak sandwiches while, if you are so inclined, watching a football game.
Ingredients for Steak Sandwiches
- 1 pound of roast beef lunch meat (I just got mine in the Wal Mart deli),
- One to two cups mozzarella cheese
- A package of soft deli rolls
- Dale’s Sauce. If you don’t have Dale’s Sauce, you can use Moore’s Marinade, soy sauce, or a little bit of Worcestershire sauce.
Instructions to Make Steak Sandwiches
- Chop up your roast beef a bit.
- Chop up your onion and bell pepper.
- Melt 1/2 stick butter in skillet.
- Add your onions and bell peppers to the skillet.
- Add a tablespoon or so of your sauce, depending on your taste.
- Cook this over medium heat until your onions are tender, stirring often.
- Add chopped roast beef and continue cooking and stirring just until your roast beef is warmed.
- If you like, add another two tablespoons of your sauce.
- Once that has been stirred in and your roast beef is good and warm, turn off stove eye and sprinkle cheese all over the top and let sit until melted.
- Spoon onto your sandwich rolls. I like to grilled the rolls a bit to make them a little crunchy under the broiler.
If you like, you can also make this filling the day before and just put it in the fridge, then heat up your filling in the microwave and place on your roll and you’re good to go!
This recipe featured at Meal Plan Monday