Today I’m bringing you a super quick and easy steak sandwich recipe to give us all a break as the weeks get busier and busier. These tender juicy slices of steak go perfectly with the flavorful ingredients for these sandwiches.
Quick and Easy Steak Sandwiches
Even though the world won’t stop for us, we can at least streamline things a bit by serving these gorgeous steak sandwiches while, if you are so inclined, watching a football game.
Ingredients for Steak Sandwiches
- 1 pound of roast beef lunch meat (I just got mine in the Wal Mart deli),
- One to two cups mozzarella cheese
- A package of soft deli rolls
- Dale’s Sauce. If you don’t have Dale’s Sauce, you can use Moore’s Marinade, soy sauce, or a little bit of Worcestershire sauce.
Instructions to Make Steak Sandwiches
- Chop up your roast beef a bit.
- Chop up your onion and bell pepper.
- Melt 1/2 stick butter in skillet.
- Add your onions and bell peppers to the skillet.
- Add a tablespoon or so of your sauce, depending on your taste.
- Cook this over medium heat until your onions are tender, stirring often.
- Add chopped roast beef and continue cooking and stirring just until your roast beef is warmed.
- If you like, add another two tablespoons of your sauce.
- Once that has been stirred in and your roast beef is good and warm, turn off stove eye and sprinkle cheese all over the top and let sit until melted.
- Spoon onto your sandwich rolls. I like to grilled the rolls a bit to make them a little crunchy under the broiler.
If you like, you can also make this filling the day before and just put it in the fridge, then heat up your filling in the microwave and place on your roll and you’re good to go!
This recipe featured at Meal Plan Monday
Wal Mart Deli meat is not worth $7.00 to $8.00 dollars a pound and it is not always fresh. In fact all of these Deli’s in grocery stores is wat over priced and they can’t tell you how long it has been in the cooler and the date. Your sandwisch sound good buut I would us meat that I ckked
do what works best for you. It will be delicious! Have a great day, Larry!
I love this site. The best I have found. Recipes are excellent.
thank you so much, Larry!
We love these at our house. TY for the recipe. I had used the frozen steak-um meat until I saw your recipe and a pound of beef at the deli is way cheaper for me.
This is one of my favorite recipes! Thank you!! I am going to serve these next Sunday night to my church home group. What would you recommend for sides?
Love your blog and recipes!
I am so glad to hear you love it!!! How about potato salad? That is easy and goes a long way. Or a roasted vegetable.
Walmart has the Good Value brand of frozen Sirloin Philly steaks. We use them instead. From freezer to the pan and done in five minutes. We like just mozzarella on ours and they are “pre-seasoned” beef so easy peasy. Just thought I’d share for all the busy folks that forget to thaw stuff, like me. This is super fast, easy and delish.
Christy, where is the jalapeño?
In the jar in my fridge 🙂
Made this tonight, absolutely delicious!!
Thank you Brooke!!