Make a chocolate lover’s dream come true with these Three Layer Chocolate Fantasy Bars!
Special occasions call for special desserts and these 3 layer chocolate fantasy bars definitely fit into that category. They are as chocolatey as you can get – even the pudding layer is made using chocolate milk, and the decadence of the first bite will have you deeming it worthy of a restaurant’s signature dessert. I’m excited to share this recipe with you today!
The ingredients you will need for three layer Chocolate Fantasy Bars are:
- 1 box of your favorite chocolate cake mix
- 2 eggs, butter
- Chocolate milk
- Instant chocolate pudding mix
- Whipping cream
- Semi sweet chocolate chips.
As always, the recipe is in printable format at the bottom of this post.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs and melted butter; stir by hand until well combined and spread into greased 9×13 dish.
- Bake this at 375 for about 15-20 minutes, or until set.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Place pudding mix and chocolate milk in a bowl and beat with a wire whisk until thickened. Spread that over cooled cake layer.
- Make your magical ganache layer by placing chocolate chips and heavy cream in a microwave safe bowl and microwaving at 30 second intervals, stirring after each, until smooth and well combined. Spread this on top of pudding layer. It will be easer to spread than you think!
Cover and refrigerate until chilled through, about two hours. Then, cut into bars and enjoy.
You are simply not going to believe how good these are!
- 12 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 box chocolate cake mix any variety
- 2 large eggs
- 1 stick butter – melted
- 2 cups chocolate whole milk
- 3.4 oz package chocolate fudge instant pudding mix
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and prepare a 9x13-baking pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs and melted butter; stir by hand until well combined. Spread into the prepared baking pan and bake for 20 minutes, or until set. Remove cake from oven and allow to cool for about an hour.
- Once the cake has cooled, place the pudding mix and chocolate milk in a bowl and beat by hand with a wire whisk until thickened. You can also put this in a quart mason jar and just shake the mess out of it for a minute or two.
- Spread pudding over cooled cake.
To make ganache
- Place chocolate chips and heavy cream in a microwave safe bowl. Heat in the microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring after each, until melted and well blended into a rich chocolate sauce. Spread ganache over pudding layer.
- Chill for at least 2 hours. Cut into bars and serve.