If you’re like me and have never met a brownie you didn’t like, you’re gonna love this chocolate brownie pie recipe. It includes a moist fudgy brownie mix and chocolate chips baked in a flaky pie crust for the ultimate decadent dessert.
Once y’all see the recipe for this triple chocolate brownie pie, you’ll probably think “oh, that’s just too simple.” Some folks might even think it is so simple that it shouldn’t even be called a recipe, but I think most of y’all will be more in my mindset of, “oh, that is so simple, it’s wonderful!”
The only ingredients you need to make fudge brownie pie are a store-bought pie shell, a boxed brownie mix (and the corresponding ingredients), and semi-sweet chocolate chips. Yep, that’s it. We simply combine the brownie batter and chocolate chips, add them to the pie crust, and bake.
My chocolate brownie pie recipe brings together the best of both desserts. You get a moist and fudgy chocolate brownie overflowing with chocolate chips and a flaky pie crust. What could be better than that? Oh, I know… serving it with some chocolate sauce and a scoop of vanilla ice cream, of course. If you like brownies and pies or just chocolate in general, you’re going to love this recipe. Ready to give it a go?
- A pouch of brownie mix
- Chocolate chips
- Regular unbaked pie crust
You’re also going to need whatever ingredients that brownie mix calls for so take a gander at the back and make sure you have that on hand. It’s usually just a bit of oil, an egg, and some water (which I usually substitute for milk but either way works fine).
How to Make Chocolate Brownie Pie
In a , mix up the brownie mix according to the package directions.
Stir in chocolate chips.
Add the chocolate mixture into the pie crust but make sure you have a good taste test of that brownie filling first 😉.
Bake this at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes or until set in the center.
Remember that ovens, like people, may vary!
Allow the chocolate pie to cool slightly before cutting.
How did that ice cream get on there?
Top with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce to add the third layer of chocolate and officially make it a triple chocolate brownie pie.
I hope you love every bite!
- Store leftover pie in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. If you like, you can serve cold or reheat a slice quickly in the oven or air fryer.
- You can also freeze pie leftovers for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight before reheating as above.
- If you want to make a homemade pie crust, here’s my recipe. You can also use a graham cracker crust or even an Oreo cookie chocolate crust if you want another layer of chocolate flavor.
- If a brownie recipe isn’t complete without chopped nuts for you, go ahead and add a 1/2 cup of either chopped walnuts or chopped pecans when you add the chocolate chips.
- Another unique mix-in? 1/2 cup of mini marshmallows!
- While I prefer semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips, you can use any type, including white chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips, or even butterscotch chips.
- You can use any kind of boxed brownie mix, you just want to make sure it fits an 8×8 baking dish.
How do you serve chocolate brownie pie?
I love to serve a slice of fudge brownie pie with either vanilla ice cream or whipped cream (here’s my homemade recipe) and hot fudge sauce or chocolate syrup. If you’re not adding nuts to the brownie batter, you can also sprinkle some on top of the pie before serving or add a side of sliced fresh strawberries. Another more simple serving suggestion is a quick dusting of powdered sugar.
Can I tempt you with these other decadent dessert recipes?
- 1 pouch brownie mix plus corresponding ingredients
- 1 cup semi-sweet or sweet chocolate chips
- 1 regular-sized unbaked pie crust
- In a medium bowl, prepare the brownie mix according to package directions and then stir in the chocolate chips.1 pouch brownie mix, 1 cup semi-sweet or sweet chocolate chips
- Spoon the brownie filling into the unbaked pie shell.1 regular-sized unbaked pie crust
- Bake in a 350-degree oven for 25-30 minutes. Allow the pie to cool slightly before serving.
- Top with vanilla ice cream and drizzle with chocolate sauce for the third layer of chocolate.
“Don’t ask God to guide your footsteps
if you are not willing to move your feet.”
Submitted by Eileen. Click here to submit yours, new quotes are always needed!