If you’re like me and have never met a brownie you didn’t like, you’re gonna love this Triple Chocolate Brownie Pie.
Once y’all see the recipe for this Triple Chocolate Brownie Pie you’ll probably think “Oh that’s just too simple.” Some folks might even think it is so simple that it shouldn’t even be called a recipe, but I think most of y’all will be more in my mindset of “Oh that is so simple, it’s wonderful!”
A pouch of brownie mix
Regular unbaked pie crust
You’re also going to need whatever ingredients that brownie mix calls for so take a gander at the back and make sure you have that on hand. It’s usually just a bit of oil, an egg, and some water (which I usually substitute milk for but either way works fine).
Mix up brownie mix according to package directions.
Stir in chocolate chips.
Add the mixture into the pie crust but make sure you have a good taste test of that pie fillin’ first 🙂
Bake this at 350 for 25-30 minutes, or until set in the center.
Remember that ovens, like people, may vary 😉
Allow to cool slightly before cutting. How did that ice cream get on there 😉
Top with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce to add the third layer of chocolate 🙂 I hope you love every bite!
- 1 pouch brownie mix the size for an 8x8 pan
- 1 cup chocolate chips semi sweet or sweet
- 1 unbaked pie crust regular size, not deep dish
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon into unbaked pie shell. Bake in 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
- Top with vanilla ice cream and drizzle with chocolate sauce for third layer of chocolate 🙂
Previous Pie Day Friday Posts This Summer:
May 31th – Frozen Turtle Pie
June 7th – Strawberry Cream Pie
Stay tuned for a new pie recipe each Friday for the rest of the summer with Southern Plate’s Pie Day Fridays!
“Don’t ask God to guide your footsteps
if you are not willing to move your feet.”
Submitted by Eileen. Click here to submit yours, new quotes always needed!