Make a chocolate lover’s dream come true with these three-layer triple chocolate brownies. Made with chocolate cake mix, chocolate chips, and chocolate pudding mix, they’re ultra-rich, decadent, and deliciously fudgy.
Special occasions call for special desserts and this fudgy triple chocolate brownies recipe definitely fits into that category. I call these chocolate fantasy bars because they are as chocolatey as you can get. You’ve got a super moist chocolate cake mix, instant chocolate pudding mix (made with chocolate milk because why not?), and a deliciously rich chocolate ganache on top, made with whipped cream and semi-sweet chocolate chips.
The decadence of the first bite will have you deem it worthy of a restaurant’s signature dessert. Chocolate lovers will straight up think they have gone to heaven after one bite of these oh-so-decadent triple chocolate fudge brownies. The chocolate flavor is truly out of this world.
Fortunately, I’ve included quite a few shortcuts so this is a simple and easy brownie recipe, but you wouldn’t believe it when you see the end result. You just have to be a little patient and let these homemade brownies cool for a few hours before you indulge. Trust me, they’re worth the wait.
I’m so excited to share this fudgy brownie recipe with you today. Let’s get baking!
- Chocolate cake mix
- Chocolate milk
- Instant chocolate pudding mix
- Whipping cream
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
How to Make Triple Chocolate Brownies
In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, and melted butter. Stir by hand until well combined and spread the brownie batter into a greased 9×13 baking dish.
Bake this at 375 for about 15 to 20 minutes or until set.
Allow the brownie layer to cool completely.
Place the pudding mix and chocolate milk in a separate mixing bowl and beat with a wire whisk until thickened. Spread the over the cooled brownie layer.
It’s like chocolate mousse, so good!
Make your magical ganache layer by placing the milk chocolate chips and heavy cream in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at 30-second intervals, stirring after each, until smooth and well combined. It will look like a rich chocolate sauce.
Spread this on top of the pudding layer. It will be easier to spread than you think!
Cover and refrigerate the chocolate fudgy brownies until chilled through (about two hours).
Then, cut them into bars and enjoy.
You are simply not going to believe how good these are!
- Store these brownies in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- You can also freeze the homemade brownies for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge before serving.
- If you want to be extra indulgent, serve your triple chocolate brownie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream for a delicious dessert. You may also like to garnish it with fresh berries.
- If you like, you can add extra ingredients to the brownie batter, like chopped walnuts or pecans, extra milk chocolate chips or caramel bits, or chopped chocolate chunks. Maybe white chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips/chunks for something different? Because there’s no such thing as too much .
- For perfect brownie slices, use a clean sharp knife. Run it under hot water before cutting and wipe it dry and your slices should be perfectly neat and smooth.
Check out these other decadent chocolate desserts:
- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1 stick butter – melted
- 2 cups chocolate whole milk
- 1 package chocolate fudge instant pudding mix
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and prepare a 9x13-baking dish with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, and melted butter. Stir by hand until well combined. Spread into the prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes or until set. Remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool for about an hour.1 box chocolate cake mix, 2 large eggs, 1 stick butter – melted
- Once the cake has cooled, place the pudding mix and chocolate milk in a different mixing bowl and beat by hand with a wire whisk until thickened. You can also put this in a quart mason jar and just shake the mess out of it for a minute or two. Spread this chocolate mixture over the cooled cake.2 cups chocolate whole milk, 1 package chocolate fudge instant pudding mix
To make ganache
- Place the semi-sweet chocolate chips and heavy cream in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in the microwave at 30-second intervals, stirring after each, until melted and well blended into a rich chocolate sauce. Spread ganache over the pudding layer.12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips, ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- Chill for at least 2 hours. Cut into bars and serve.