Even if I’m not leaving the house at all makeup is done by 6:00 am at the latest most days. It’s a Southern thang. 🙂 When I was a girl my Mama told me “Every day when you wake up you do your hair and your makeup and you’ll just feel better.”
Over the years I’ve had a lot of questions about what makeup I wear, what lipstick shade, etc. So I thought I’d put together a handy dandy list and show y’all. I originally posted this on my Instagram but have had a lot of emails from people asking me to post it here so that they can find it easier, so here goes!
1.L’Oreal Base – I wear a few different types of L’Oreal base depending on my mood. I like this one especially because it doesn’t have sunscreen in it, which I prefer not to use (I use common sense instead). I always get the lightest shade and that works perfectly as long as I stick with a L’Oreal base. Back when I was younger and working as a bank teller, I fell in love with a base from L’ancome that was around $50 a bottle. The way it made my skin looked had me shelling out the big bucks for that base and then running to the drug store for everything else. When I found out they were owned by L’Oreal I decided to try L’Oreal bases and, upon seeing the exact same results for about $10 a bottle, have never looked back.
- Master Conceal by Maybelline – Maybelline is owned by L’Oreal so I’m good sticking with the lightest shade here as well. I us this as my general all around concealer. Next to it is a pot of L’Oreal true match mineral powder foundation, I use the little brush with this for heavy duty concealing jobs, usually just an additional light pat under my eyes. I don’t use it for base but that was it’s original intent. As a concealer, it is the best I’ve found.
- True Match Mineral Foundation – I don’t use this for foundation but with that nice brush you see next to it, it makes one of the greatest concealers of all time. After I am done with my makeup and have finished with powder, I go back and use that brush and this mineral foundation for any spots that need a little extra help – usually under my eyes. I especially love this because it blends seamlessly on top of your makeup so if you need a little touchup throughout the day before going out, you don’t have to worry about it gunking up or removing your powder first, which usually leads to a need for a complete redo. Just a few pats with a brush and this powder and you’re good as new.
- Madeline eye shadow – This is the palette I’m using this week. I change them up a bit.
- Almay liquid eyeliner: I can only use Almay brand eyeliner due to skin sensitivities. My eyes have gotten very particular in my old age. I prefer liquid so that there is less tugging on my eyes. My eyes prefer it, too. 🙂
- Brow Fix – If you’ll look top center you’ll also see my Brow Fix. I buy this at CVS. Powder eyebrow liner is a game changer. I love this stuff. Once I get it I immediately lose the little pair of tweezers and other brush of some sort because all I use is that wonderful stiff slanted brush to put it on. This keeps me from looking like I’m an alien. Eyebrows frame your face, hang onto them as long as you can. 🙂
4.Eyelash curler and Mascara – always, always, always. This makes a HUGE difference, really opens up your eyes and makes them appear bigger and more alert than you actually are :). L’Oreal Voluminous Superstar mascara – this is the greatest mascara in the history of mankind. I even gave it as Christmas gifts last year. Note: Don’t get waterproof if you want to keep your eyelashes. Ever. The only reason to wear waterproof mascara is if you are getting married or competing as an Olympic diver on national television. I’ve already done one of those and the other isn’t very likely since I haven’t been in a pool in sixteen years. Note: I realize some people have medical issues with constantly teary eyes, my previous comments are not addressed to them. 🙂
5.Blush – don’t let this fancy couture thing fool ya, I’m only using this for the blush. Once I use that up I’ll throw it away. *I doth not contour.* I’m not picky about blush. Any medium rose shade and most brand will do.
6.Finishing Powder – this is a Wet and Wild finishing powder, the lightest shade, and a brush. I got this on clearance for a dollar so I have a few of them.
7.L’oreal lipstick in Saucy Mauve – always.
There ya go! This is how I “put my face on” every day. No matter what makeup you do or don’t wear, put on your best attitude and your day will just go better 😉Yum