This is an easy cheesecake recipe post with a little extra bonus: Cheesecake topping ideas!
If you are a cheesecake lover, I bet one of those pieces is just screaming out for you to reach into the computer and pick it up.
I’m going to show you how to make your own low-maintenance easy baked cheesecake at home.
Yes, I just said low maintenance and we’re even doing it all from scratch!
Tips for Making Cheesecake Recipes Easy
See, where cheesecake throws the most people is you think you have to have a special springform pan for it because just about every cheesecake recipe known to man calls for one. Now I want my cheesecake recipe to be easy so today, we’re just gonna make us a good old home-grown country cheesecake and I will give you some topping ideas that are just as easy to love.
No Specials Pans Needed For This Easy Cheesecake
I don’t know about you, but right about now I feel like I’m doing a real public service by making it in my old 9×13 pan.
Ingredients need for the Cheesecake filling are pretty simple.
- Cream Cheese
- Lemon juice
There, pretty straight forward, huh?
Nothing intimidating here, folks!
The crust ingredients for the cheesecake is even easier:
- Graham cracker crumbs
How to Make an Easy Cheesecake Recipe Step By Step
- To make the crust, melt your butter in a bowl and add your sugar.
- Then dump in your crumbs.
- Stir that up until it’s pretty well blended.
TIP for the Crust
You can add a little more melted butter if you like but don’t worry if it’s still a little crumbly, it’ll be just fine.
- Now press that into the bottom of a 9×13 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 for about ten minutes, or until lightly golden.
- Okay, now put our cheese in a mixing bowl.
Tip about the cream cheese for the filling
It’s important that you soften your cream cheese and butter at room temperature for a while. This is the one thing I really do recommend. The absolute best thing to make your life easier is to just put it out on the counter top and let it soften a few hours.
It’s just that this requires advance planning though and therein lies my problem.
- Add in your sugar and mix that up til it gives in to your will and…
Becomes all creamy like the picture above.
- Add in your eggs, vanilla, and lemon juice.
What kind of vanilla do you use?
I’m using a Mexican vanilla for this cheesecake recipe because it’s pretty cheap and you can find it on the aisle with all of the yummy Mexican food ingredients.
- Beat that until its all smooth and creamy, or until you get tired of fooling with it – whichever comes first.
- Smear that into your pan, spreading it over your crust.
See how it covers all the crust in the above photo?
- Place this in a 300 degree oven and bake for 55 minutes, or until set in the center.
How to prevent your cheesecake from cracking…
There are all sorts of things you can do to avoid the center of your cheesecake cracking.
- Place an oven safe dish of water beneath it in the oven.
- Hit the pan gently a few times on the counter to get out any air bubbles that might have gotten trapped while you were mixing it.
- Make sure your cream cheese is really softened because if there were lumps in it (you know, those little bumpy things you see in my picture right above here) they may cause a crack to form as well.
Or you can just do like I do and cook it and not worry about it because you are going to be adding some of these yummy cheesecake toppings and no one is going to see the crack anyway.
Alright, now lets talk Cheesecake toppings while that cheesecake is baking.
Here are some topping ideas I came up with but the possibilities are limitless.
Cheesecake Toppings ideas:
- Any type of canned pie filling (blueberry, strawberry, cherry, raspberry etc)
- Canned mandarin oranges (drain the juice)
- Caramel topping
- Super easy praline sauce*
- Chocolate syrup
- Chocolate chips
- Whipped cream
Did you catch that *super easy praline sauce up there? Want the recipe for how to make praline sauce? Here it is.
- Place pecans in a jar, fill about halfway.
- Pour in some caramel topping.
and There ya go!
Pecan Praline Sauce: A Yummy Cheesecake Topping Idea
Now for the cheesecake and their toppings. Aren’t they beautiful?
This is our pecan praline sauce
Cherry Pie Filling
Blueberry Pie Filling
They are just canned ones that I drained but really pretty and delicious on top of cheesecake
Servings: 4Calories: 73kcal
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 stick butter melted
- 4-8 ounce packages cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sugar plus 1/4 cup for crust
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 eggs
- Combine melted butter, crumbs, and 1/4 cup sugar. Stir until well combined and crumbly. Press into bottom of a 9x13 pan and bake at 350 for ten minutes, or until very lightly browned.
- In mixing bowl, combine cream cheese and sugar. Beat at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, lemon juice, sugar, and vanilla. Mix until well combined and creamy - or until you get tired of fooling with it. A few lumps won't kill anyone. 🙂
- Pour over crust and bake at 300 for 55 minutes or until set in the center. *Notice I lowered the temperature from when I baked the crust - that's one of those important steps :).
- Cool and then refrigerate several hours before serving. Cut into twelve squares.
- Serve alongside your toppings bar for a dessert everyone is sure to love!
You may also like these cheesecake recipes:
Louise submitted a great quote that seems just like something my mother would say
and is definitely something my Mama has always taught me to live by.