How to Make Cauliflower Soup Recipe with Cheese
This Cauliflower Soup Recipe is rich and tasty. When the nights get cooler or down right cold, when you make this soup you will keep yourself warm from your head to your toes!
Low Carb and Keto Friendly And Absolutely Delicious
If you are watching your carbs this is a great recipe as well. The Cauliflower Soup is Keto friendly. The printable recipe below makes nearly 8 cups of soup.
Can I Freeze This Soup?
Yes, this cauliflower soup recipe freezes well. After cooling I put leftovers in a plastic freezer bag and thaw completely when I am ready to serve to friends or family.
The Ingredients You Will Need For This Soup are:
- White Onion
- Chicken or Vegetable Broth
- One head of cauliflower
- One medium carrot
- Pepper Jack Cheese
- Sharp White Cheddar Cheese
Step By Step Instructions for Cauliflower Soup
- Melt butter in a large pot.
- Add garlic and onion and sauté until onions are tender
- Add flour and stir.
- Gradually whisk in milk.
- Add broth, salt, carrot and cauliflower.
- Simmer for 15 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
- Transfer mixture to a blender. Pulse until smooth.
- Return soup to pot. Add cheeses and stir until melted and combined with soup.
Drum roll please….
Optional Add Ins for More Flavor or Spice:
Add additional cheese or bacon if you like or spice this cauliflower soup up with red pepper flakes or some hot sauce. And ENJOY!
See the printable recipe card below:
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 White onion diced
- 2 tsp Garlic Minced
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 2 cups Milk (any kind you like)
- 3 cups Chicken broth or veggie broth
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 Head Cauliflower chopped
- 1 Medium carrot shredded
- 1 cup Pepper Jack cheese shredded
- 2 cups Sharp Cheddar cheese shredded
- Cooked Bacon (Optional) as much as desired
- Melt butter in large pot
- Add garlic and onion and cook til onions are tender
- Add flour and stir until the mix is clumpy
- Gradually whisk in milk
- Add broth, salt, carrot and cauliflower and simmer for 15 mins or until the cauliflower is tender, then transfer soup to a blender and pulse until smooth. Return it to pot.
- Add the cheese and stir until melted and combine with soup. If you would like to add cooked bacon this would be a great place to add it in. Serve with extra cheese if desired.
You may also like these soup recipes: