Loaded with cauliflower and two different types of cheese, this rich and tasty cauliflower soup recipe is both low carb and keto.
This cauliflower soup recipe is comfort food at its finest. Rich and creamy, when the nights get cooler or downright cold, a bowl of this delicious cauliflower soup with cheese will keep you warm from your head to your toes!
Now, let’s talk about why this soup recipe ticks all the boxes. First, it’s low-carb and keto-friendly. Secondly, it makes about 7.5 to 8 cups of soup. So when you need to feed a lot of people or are looking for a great make-ahead meal, this cauliflower soup recipe is for you. Make a big batch and freeze portions for lunch or dinner.
Third, it’s full of delicious flavor! With two different types of cheese, cauliflower (of course), milk for creaminess, and garlic and chicken stock for flavor, everyone is guaranteed to want seconds. Do we need a fourth reason to love this creamy cauliflower soup recipe? If so, let me just say it’s easy to make and is ready in 45 minutes.
- White onion
- Chicken or vegetable broth
- One head of cauliflower
- One medium carrot
- Pepper Jack cheese
- Sharp white cheddar cheese
Step By Step Instructions for Cauliflower Soup With Cheese
Melt butter in a large pot over .
Add garlic and onion and sauté until onions are tender.
Add flour to and onions and stir until the mix becomes clumpy.
Next, gradually whisk in the milk.
Add broth, salt, carrot, and cauliflower florets. You could also add to taste.
Then simmer for 15 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
Transfer the cauliflower soup to a blender and pulse until smooth.
Return soup to the pot. Add both types of cheese and stir until melted and combined with the soup.
Drum roll, please…
ENJOY your cheesy cauliflower soup!
- Store soup leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Yes, this cauliflower soup also freezes well. After cooling, I put leftovers in a plastic freezer bag and freeze them for up to 3 months. I then thaw completely when I am ready to serve to friends or family.
- Here are some optional soup toppings: more cheese, crumbly bacon pieces, croutons, sour cream, freshly chopped chives, parsley, or chopped green onion.
- Spice this cauliflower soup recipe up with red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper, or some hot sauce.
- Serve your soup with a side of bread, cornbread, garlic bread, or even my parmesan crisps.
- If you want to go bigger and serve your soup as a starter rather than a , I enjoy it alongside a simple salad like my tomato, onion, and cucumber salad or roasted vegetables like grilled asparagus. Another option is to serve it with a bigger meal like steak.
- Feel free to use either fresh or frozen cauliflower florets for this soup.
- If you want to add more vegetables, you can definitely add thinly sliced celery when you add the carrot.
- To make this cheesy cauliflower soup gluten-free, simply use almond flour.
You may also like these other sensational soup recipes:
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 white onion diced
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk (any kind you like)
- 3 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 mead cauliflower chopped
- 1 medium carrot shredded
- 1 cup Pepper Jack cheese shredded
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- cooked bacon (Optional) as much as desired
- Melt butter in a large pot.2 tbsp butter
- Add the minced garlic and onion and cook until onions are tender.1 white onion, 2 tsp garlic
- Add flour and stir until the mix is clumpy.1/4 cup flour
- Gradually whisk in the milk.2 cups milk
- Add the broth, salt, carrot, and cauliflower and simmer for 15 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender. Transfer soup to a blender and pulse until smooth. Return it to the pot.3 cups chicken broth, 2 tsp salt, 1 medium carrot, 1 mead cauliflower
- Add the cheese and stir until melted and combined with the soup. If you would like to add cooked bacon this would be a great place to add it in. Serve with extra cheese if desired.1 cup Pepper Jack cheese, 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, cooked bacon (Optional)