Chewy Cranberry Zingers are a cookie lovers dream!
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger powder
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup self-rising flour
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds pecans, walnuts, or other nuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine the sugars, butter, cinnamon, ginger, and egg in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed, about 2 minutes. Add the flour and mix thoroughly.
- Add the oats, cranberries, vanilla, and nuts and beat at medium speed until combined into a stiff dough.
- Form the dough into golf ball-size balls using a cookie scoop or tablespoon and place them 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake until lightly golden at the edges, 12 to 15 minutes. allow to cool for a few minutes on the baking sheets, then transfer to a platter or wire rack to cool completely.
~Charles M. Shulz
You might also enjoy this recipe! Cranberry Pecan Lace Cookies