This creamy homemade chipotle ranch dressing features all the flavors of the ranch dressing you know and love with the addition of smoky chipotle peppers, which bring the perfect amount of heat.
If you like ranch dressing, I think you’re going to love this homemade chipotle ranch dressing recipe. It features the typical ranch flavors and ingredients, like mayonnaise, Greek yogurt (you could sub buttermilk if you like), apple cider vinegar, dried dill, and garlic and onion powder (ranch’s secret ingredient). But when you add in the smoky and slightly spicy flavor of chipotle peppers, it completely transforms the tangy and creamy dressing.
I just know you’re going to become as addicted to this delicious ranch dip as much as me. Made popular by pairing with a Southwest chicken salad, I’ve included lots of different serving suggestions below. But it tastes great as a dip or a salad dressing. Let your imagination run wild!
Fortunately, it doesn’t take long to whip up this for and salad . All you have to do is throw all of the ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. In under five minutes, you have a delicious homemade dip to take to your next party. Once you try it, I know you’ll be whipping out this recipe and this dressing for years to come.
- Whole milk Greek yogurt
- Chipotle pepper
- Apple cider vinegar
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Dried dill
- Sea salt
How to Make Chipotle Ranch Dressing
In a food processor, combine the yogurt, mayo, chipotle pepper, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder, onion powder, dill, and salt.
Blend in the processor until smooth.
There are so many ways to serve your chipotle ranch dressing:
- As a dip with raw vegetables. I recommend broccoli florets, mini peppers, mini carrots, and celery sticks. It also tastes great as a dipping sauce with grilled or roasted vegetables.
- On top of your favorite salad. Serve your chipotle ranch salad dressing with one of my favorite summer salads.
- With my delicious parmesan crisps.
- On top of a burrito bowl, taco salad, tacos, or with my breakfast burritos or cheesy beef and bean burritos. Add a sprinkle of for good measure. The dip’s smoky chipotle flavor perfectly complements taco seasonings.
- Dip in your favorite fries, like low-carb baked zucchini fries or roasted sweet potato wedges.
- As a dip with your pick of chip or cracker, like pita chips, tortilla chips, corn chips, or baguette slices.
- With your wings of choice for your next game day. Check out our Southern-style BBQ air fryer wings.
- Spread it on a sandwich or a burger.
- Serve it as a chipotle sauce with our oven steak kabobs or a simple grilled chicken breast meal.
- Use your as a marinade on chicken or pork.
Store your dressing in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days.
- You will typically find canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce with the other Mexican ingredients at your local grocery store. However, if you can’t find them, you can use chipotle powder instead.
- Traditionally, ranch dressing is made with either sour cream or buttermilk, but I prefer the Greek yogurt in this recipe. It makes it a low-fat and healthier chipotle ranch dressing, so I don’t feel guilty eatin’ a little more 😉.
- You can substitute the apple cider vinegar for lemon juice or lime juice. The hint of acidity helps balance the dressing.
- You can also substitute the dried dill for freshly chopped chives as well.
- Don’t skip the sea salt. It makes the flavors pop!
- If you don’t have a food processor, you can also blend the ingredients by hand.
- If you want to add more heat, you can add two chipotle peppers.
Check out more delicious dips and dressings:
Homemade Thousand Island Dressing
Fresh Fruit Salad with Lemon Honey Dressing
- 1/2 cup whole milk Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 chipotle pepper
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- In a food processor, combine the yogurt, mayo, chipotle pepper, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder, onion powder, dill, salt, and blend in the processor until smooth.1/2 cup whole milk Greek yogurt, 1/4 cup mayonnaise, 1 chipotle pepper, 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp onion powder, 1/2 tsp dried dill, 1/4 tsp sea salt
I love love love the Chipotle Ranch dressing at Moe’s so I’m excited to try this. Thank you! =^..^=
I hope you love it Fran!