Learn how to make this deeply chocolate pie with Coca Cola as the surprise ingredient!
There is absolutely nothing like a cold Coca Cola out of a glass bottle on a hot summer’s day. Nothing. As much as we love our “coke”, Coca Cola Cake is a classic that has been a favorite for generations.
So when I wrote my third cookbook I wanted to create another classic bound dessert using our favorite “cold drink”. The result of my efforts is this deeply chocolate decadent Coca Cola Pie and it’s so good, my friends at Silver Dollar City actually served it in their parks last summer!
To make this you’ll need: A graham cracker crust (you can also use a traditional crust, baked and cooled), cocoa powder, brown sugar, vanilla, semi sweet chocolate chips, heavy cream, butter, corn starch and COCA COLA! You don’t have to use the glass bottled coke but it sure is pretty for pictures!
Sidenote: Have y’all ever been to the World Of Coca Cola in Atlanta? That is a FUN place to go. We’ve been several times when the kids were younger and Atlanta traffic wasn’t nearly as crazy as it is these days. Highly recommend it – the museum, not the traffic. Time to make a pie!
To begin: Combine all ingredients except vanilla in a sauce pot and then place over medium heat. Stir constantly with a whisk until thickened, 5-10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Pour into graham cracker crust. Cover and place in the refrigerator until thoroughly chilled.
Look at that pretty coca-cola fudge pie filling! Now we need to add our layer of ganache. This will add a little extra indulgence as well as create a nice protective layer on top of our filling.
Ganache is one of the easiest things you could make nowadays. All you need is heavy cream and semi sweet chocolate chips. The exact amounts are below in the printable recipe card. Place the cream and chips in a microwave safe bowl and microwave this at 45 second intervals, stirring after each, until fully melted and blended. This won’t take too long.
Pour over pie and spread to cover. Cover this and refrigerate until chilled.
It will look like this. The ganache looks hard but it is still easy to cut, kind of fudge like.
To serve, I like to top each with a dollop of whipped cream and a cherry! Enjoy this soon to be iconic pie!
- 9 inch graham crust or traditional pie shell baked and cooled
- 1 +1/2 cups Coca-cola 12 oz can
- heaping 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 + 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup half and half or heavy cream
- Combine all ingredients except vanilla in a sauce pot and then place over medium heat. Stir constantly with a whisk until thickened, 5-10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Pour into graham cracker crust or baked and cooled traditional crust. Cover and place in the refrigerator until thoroughly chilled.
- For ganache, chocolate chips and cream in microwave bowl. Place bowl in microwave for 45 second intervals, stirring after each, until chips are melted and mixture is creamy and easy to blend. Stir together until thoroughly blended and creamy. Allow ganache to cool for five to ten minutes before spreading on top of refrigerated pie.
- If you’d like to decorate this pie for serving, top each piece with a dollop of whipped cream and a red cherry. Store in refrigerator.
Click here to get my recipe for Coca Cola Cake!
The day the child realizes that all adults are imperfect, he becomes an adolescent; the day he forgives them, he becomes an adult; the day he forgives himself, he becomes wise.