It may sound unique, but trust me, this rich and decadent chocolate fudge Coca-Cola pie will blow your tastebuds away!
There is absolutely nothing like a cold Coca-Cola out of a glass bottle on a hot summer’s day. Nothing. As much as we love our “coke”, Coca-Cola Cake is a classic that has been a favorite for generations.
So when I wrote my third cookbook I wanted to create another classic bound dessert using our favorite “cold drink”. The result of my efforts is this deeply chocolate decadent Coca-Cola pie recipe and it’s so good, my friends at Silver Dollar City actually served it in their parks that Summer.
To make this sweet and indulgent chocolate fudge pie, you’re going to need a graham cracker crust, cocoa powder, brown sugar, and a bottle of Coca-Cola, of course. It only takes 15 minutes to prep the pie and then you just need to refrigerate before adding the chocolate ganache on top and chilling once more. Yep, did I mention this Coca-Cola pie recipe is a no-bake pie? Another reason to give it a go! Go old school and serve a slice with a dollop of whipped cream and a Maraschino cherry.
Who’s ready to bake this decadent pie now?
- A graham cracker crust (you can also use a traditional crust, baked and cooled)
- Cocoa powder
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heavy cream
- Coca-cola –you don’t have to use the glass-bottled coke, but it was definitely cuter for photos 😉
Helpful Kitchen Tools
How to Make Coca-Cola Pie
Combine all ingredients except vanilla extract in a saucepan and then place over medium heat.
Stir constantly with a whisk until thickened (5-10 minutes).
Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
Pour the pie batter into the graham cracker crust.
Cover and place in the refrigerator until thoroughly chilled.
Look at that pretty Coca-Cola fudge pie filling!
Now we need to add our layer of ganache. This will add a little extra indulgence as well as create a nice protective layer on top of our filling.
What is ganache?
Ganache is just a fancy name for a glaze, icing, sauce, or filling for pastries, made from chocolate and cream.
It is one of the easiest things you can make nowadays. All you need is heavy cream and semi-sweet chocolate chips. The exact amounts are below in the printable recipe card.
Place the cream and chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave this at 45-second intervals, stirring after each, until fully melted and blended. This won’t take too long.
Pour over the pie and spread to cover. Cover this and refrigerate until chilled.
It will look like this. The ganache looks hard but it is still easy to cut, kind of fudge-like.
To serve, I like to top each slice of Coca-Cola pie with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Enjoy this soon-to-be iconic pie!
Store pie leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Now, I haven’t tried this with anything other than Coca-Cola, but just like my Coca-Cola cake, I’m sure it would taste just as good if you use a similar soda, like Dr. Pepper, Pepsi, or root beer.
What does Coca-Cola pie taste like?
Coca-Cola pie tastes like a deliciously rich and fudgey chocolate pie. The coke flavor isn’t very strong.
Can Coca-Cola be used in baking?
Yes, the coke bubbles act as a leavening agent, helping cakes like my Coca-Cola cake to rise and become all light and fluffy.
Is Coca-Cola pie the same as water pie?
This Coca-Cola pie recipe is not the same as water pie. This is a chocolate pie with chocolate ganache. Meanwhile, a water pie is a creamy buttery pie literally made from water. Water pie has risen in popularity again recently thanks to TikTok, with people substituting water for a soda like Sprite and Coca-Cola. But this isn’t what this particular recipe is about.
How do you make a Jack and Coke pie?
To make a Jack and Coke pie, add up to 1/3 cup of Jack Daniels to the other filling ingredients and follow the directions as instructed. Most Jack and Coke pie recipes include a Cool Whip topping and caramel sauce/drizzle on top too.
Here are a few other recipes you may enjoy with soda as an ingredient:
- 1 9-inch graham cracker crust or traditional pie shell, baked and cooled
- 1.5 cups Coca-Cola 12-oz can
- 1/4 heaping cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup half-and-half or heavy cream
- Combine all ingredients except the vanilla in a saucepan and then place over medium heat. Stir constantly with a whisk until thickened (5-10 minutes). Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.1.5 cups Coca-Cola, 1/4 heaping cup unsweetened cocoa powder, 1/3 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup cornstarch, 4 tablespoons butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pour into the graham cracker crust or baked and cooled traditional crust. Cover and place in the refrigerator until thoroughly chilled.1 9-inch graham cracker crust or traditional pie shell, baked and cooled
- For the chocolate ganache, place the chocolate chips and cream in a microwave bowl. Place bowl in the microwave for 45-second intervals, stirring after each, until chips are melted and the mixture is creamy and easy to blend. Stir together until thoroughly blended and creamy.1.5 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, 1/2 cup half-and-half or heavy cream
- Allow the ganache to cool for five to ten minutes before spreading it on top of the refrigerated pie.
- If you’d like to decorate this pie for serving, top each piece with a dollop of whipped cream and a red cherry. Store in the refrigerator.