Cream cheese banana bread is the new banana bread recipe on the block. It includes a delicious cream cheese filling, which perfectly complements the moist banana bread. Go ahead, indulge today!
Good afternoon, friends! Today I’m bringing you one of the recipes to start the week with. Now, we all know and love traditional banana bread, which is always deliciously moist and tastes perfect with a spread of butter and a cup of coffee.
Today though, we’re giving our classic banana bread recipe a facelift. This cream cheese banana bread is made extra special by a ribbon of cream cheese filling running through the center and a sprinkle of walnuts on top. The tangy yet creamy cream cheese mixture perfectly complements the soft and fluffy banana nut bread and adds a depth of flavor that everyone is going to love.
Luckily, it takes about 15 minutes to prep this banana bread recipe and an hour to bake. Made with ripe bananas and a bunch of shelf-stable ingredients, it’s perfect to make any afternoon. Slice up and set aside for quick snacks or treats when the mood or need for that addictive hits throughout the week.
- Ripe bananas
- Butter (at room temperature)
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Vanilla extract
- Walnuts (optional)
- Cream cheese (visit this post for our easy homemade cream cheese recipe).
How To Make Cream Cheese Banana Bread
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×5 loaf pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl, mix together the sugar, butter, milk, vanilla extract, and eggs, until well combined.
Add in the flour mixture and stir to incorporate.
In a small bowl, mash up the bananas and then fold them into the batter.
Mix until everything is combined.
Prepare the filling by creaming together the egg, cream cheese, sugar, and flour in a medium bowl with an electric mixer. Almost done!
Pour half of the bread batter into your prepared pan. Then, spoon the filling mixture over the bread and spread it around evenly. Pour the remaining bread batter on top.
Sprinkle with walnuts (if using) and bake for 50-60 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
Cool bread for 10 minutes and then remove from the pan to allow to cool completely.
ENJOY this yummy cream cheese banana bread, the most indulgent and .
- Store leftover banana bread in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week. If storing in the fridge, make sure it’s completely covered so the fridge doesn’t dry it out.
- You can also freeze the entire loaf or individual slices for up to 6 months. Thaw at room temperature before serving.
- If you’d prefer for your cream cheese to have a swirl effect, once you spread out the cream cheese layer, run your butter knife in a swirl pattern before adding the next layer of batter.
- Don’t forget that your butter and cream cheese needs to soften, so leave them at room temperature for about an hour before baking.
- Make sure you don’t overmix the batter.
- For a more caramelized flavor, use 1/2-cup of brown sugar and 1/4-cup of granulated sugar in your banana bread batter.
- You can substitute the all-purpose flour for whole wheat flour if you like. You can also use a combination of both and I bet no one will know the difference.
- If you need that hint of cinnamon in your banana bread, feel free to add 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon and 1/8 teaspoon of ground nutmeg.
You may also enjoy these other banana bread recipes:
- 1/2 cup butter at room temperature or softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts optional
Cream Cheese Filling
- 1 large egg
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened or at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Instructions for Banana Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x5 loaf pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.1 cup all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, mix together the sugar, butter, milk, vanilla, and eggs, until well combined. Add in the flour mixture and stir to incorporate.1/2 cup butter, 3/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup milk, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 2 eggs
- In a small bowl, mash up the bananas and then stir the mashed banana into the wet ingredients until well combined.3 ripe bananas
Instructions for Cream Cheese Filling
- In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, cream together the egg, cream cheese, sugar, and flour.8 ounces cream cheese, 2 tablespoons sugar, 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, 1 large egg
- Pour half of the banana bread batter into your prepared pan. Then, spoon the cream cheese mixture over the batter and spread it around evenly. Pour the remaining banana bread batter on top.
- Sprinkle with walnuts (if using) and bake for 50-60 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes and then remove from the loaf pan to allow to cool completely. Enjoy!1/4 cup chopped walnuts
“Someone else is happy with less than what you have.”
Thanks for sharing this blog.Thank you for sharing this with us.
You are so very welcome! ❤️
does this freeze well? want to make it ahead
Yes, indeed! Should be good for up to 3-4 months 🙂