Today I am bringing you one of my favorite recipes; Apple Cobbler. I tell you what, I could eat this every day of the week and never be disappointed. It’s tender apple bites with a cream cheese inside that will rock your world. Serve this with ice cream, whipped cream, yogurt or whatever have you. It is absolutely divine.
The ingredients you will need for this Apple Cobbler recipe are:
- Crescent rolls
- Apple pie filling
- Granulated sugar
- Cream Cheese
- Unsalted butter
Here is your first tip right off the bat…
The first thing you do is take the cream cheese out of the box and let it get to room temperature before you try to mix it up. If you have ever tried mixing cream cheese while it was still cold.. you know why it needs to warm up.
- Mix in a teaspoon of vanilla into the cream cheese mixture.
Next, measure out a cup and a half of sugar into a bowl and mix in a teaspoon of cinnamon.
- After the cinnamon and sugar are mixed, measure out a half a cup and set it aside for later.
Pour the remaining sugar/cinnamon mixture in with the cream cheese and mix it well.
The dough will be a little longer than the pan just leave it there and press it down or cut it off.
Pour in the cream cheese and spread it evenly.
- Then pour the apple pie filling on top, also spreading it evenly.
- Place the second can of crescent rolls on top.
Now here’s another tip… If you want the dough on top to look pretty, roll it out on some wax paper before putting it on top of the apples and push those seams together cause if you try to press it together when it’s on top of the apples, it ain’t gonna happen.
- Remember that ½ a cup of cinnamon sugar you set aside earlier?
- Ok.. Spread it evenly over the top of the dough.
- Melt one stick of unsalted butter in the microwave (try 30 seconds at a time or else it can bubble over) and pour over the top.
- Place the pan in a preheated oven at 350 for 30 to 40 minutes until it is brown.
I normally sprinkle a bit more cinnamon over the top after I pour the butter over it but it’s just my preference.
Isn’t that gorgeous. Can’t wait to dig into the gooey goodness inside!
This can be eaten hot or cold. The best way I’ve found is hot with a scoop or two of ice cream. Enjoy!
- 16 oz crescent rolls 2-8 oz cans
- 42 oz apple pie filling 2- 21 oz cans
- 1.5 Cups granulated sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla flavoring
- 24 oz cream cheese 3 blocks of cream cheese
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 350
- Let cream cheese come to room temperature, about 30-45minutes.
- Cream the cream cheese and pour vanilla flavoring in.
- Measure out a cup and a half of sugar and mix in one teaspoon of cinnamon, set aside 1/2 cup.
- Pour remaining one cup of cinnamon/sugar mixture into cream cheese and mix well. Scrape down sides and bottom of bowl, mix some more.
- Place one can of crescent rolls in bottom of pan.
- Spread cream cheese/sugar mixture on top.
- Spread both cans of apple pie filling over cream cheese.
- Place second can of crescent rolls on top.
- Pour 1/2 cup of sugar/cinnamon mixture evenly over top.
- Pour stick of melted unsalted butter on top of dough.
- Optional: sprinkle more cinnamon on top.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 30-45 minutes until top is brown and bubbly.
You may also like these cobbler recipes:
Your day goes the way the corners of your mouth point.
Submitted by Lori B