Fill your kitchen with mouthwatering irresistible aromas from this deep dish pizza casserole
This Deep Dish Pizza Casserole recipe is another one of my favorite super easy, quick to throw together, family pleasing, and incredibly delicious meals, originally from mother’s recipe collection. One of the best things about it is how incredibly adaptable it is to whatever ingredients you have on hand! I’ve made it with absolutely no cheese before and it was still delicious!
For all of my readers with hungry mouths and teenage boys to feed, get ready for a home run with Deep Dish Pizza!
Recipe Ingredients To make Deep Dish Pizza Casserole:
- Ground beef
- Pizza sauce
- Italian seasoning
- Onion Parmesan cheese
Ingredients for the crust, you’ll need:
Add Any Pizza Toppings You Like
But really, you can add in whatever pizza toppings you like. I tend to keep mine pretty basic because my precious family has no imagination, despite a collective twenty years of effort on my part to change that. However, I will tell you that even basic, this recipe is absolutely delicious and deeply satisfying. The original recipe called for one pound of ground beef and one pound of sausage. I just used two pounds of ground beef. See how adaptable this is? Of course, I use the generic pizza sauce because it is awesome anyway.
In a large skillet brown your beef and chopped onion. After that, drain any grease and add any other pizza ingredients you typically enjoy or just keep it as is, like I do. Had my entire family (except for me) not been dropped on their heads as children (thereby ruining their ability to tell what is good in food), I would be adding bell pepper and mushrooms now. YUM! Pour in your pizza sauce and stir.
Spray a 9×13 inch pan with baking spray. Sprinkle Mozzarella cheese over the bottom of the pan. Spread meat mixture over the mozzarella.
Mix up crust: In a medium bowl place milk, flour, eggs, oil, and salt. Stir until well combined and no lumps remain. Pour over meat in baking dish and sprinkle top with parmesan.
Bake at 350 for thirty minutes. It may not look done but it is :).
By now, your kitchen is filled with the most delicious smell of this Deep Dish Pizza. Your kids and spouse have been driving you crazy asking if its done yet, and your stomach has set into a continual growl.
Or maybe that’s just me :).
Enjoy your quick and easy Deep Dish Pizza!
- 2 pounds ground beef or a mixture of ground beef and sausage
- 1 med onion chopped
- 1 bell pepper chopped (I omit due to picky family)
- 15 ounce jar pizza sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 2 cups mozzarella I've replaced with cheddar before
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Parmesan is not as easy to spell as one might think...
- Preheat oven to 350. Brown ground beef, onion, and bell pepper. Drain well. Add pizza sauce and Italian Seasoning. Stir well.
- Grease a 9x13 inch pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle mozzarella over bottom of it. Spread meat mixture over the cheese.
- In mixing bowl, add flour, milk, eggs, oil, and salt. Stir until well mixed and no lumps remain. Pour over meat in pan. Sprinkle parmesan cheese over batter. Bake 30 minutes.
You may also like these pizza recipes:
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” ~Abraham Lincoln.