This post and recipe was created for #SummerDessertWeek. I have not been paid for this post but was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies and am happy to take part with the other great bloggers! All opinions are my own.
Hey friends! I’m thrilled to share part two of my own installment in the Summer Dessert Series, make sure you check out the links at the bottom of this post for the giveaways and more recipes from our other blogger friends!
I LOVE the crunchy deliciousness of fried ice cream so today we’re using that to make an over the top milkshake like the ultra dressed up ones that are all the rage these days. Impress your family by going a few steps beyond just throwing ice cream in a blender and get ready for huge smiles of appreciation! After all, if anyone in your life is worth a little star treatment it’s them!
To make these, you’ll need: Graham cracker crumbs, Corn Flakes (plain), Cinnamon Sugar, Honey, Butter, Milk, good quality Vanilla Ice Cream, Whipped Cream, and Chocolate Syrup 🙂
The full recipe is in printable format below and makes two large shakes. Enjoy and make sure you check out all of the other happenings in Summer Dessert Week! My first recipe Summer Dessert Week for Blueberry Crunch Bars may be found by clicking here.
- 1/2 stick butter
- 2 cups Kellogg's cornflakes cereal - slightly crushed
- 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup cinnamon sugar mixture divided
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup milk
- Honey to garnish
- Chocolate syrup to garnish
- Whipped cream to garnish
- In a large mixing bowl, add the corn flakes, graham cracker crumbs and 1/4 cup cinnamon sugar. Stir to mix. Do not crush cornflakes in a food processor. Instead, slightly crush them with your hands.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan under medium heat.
- Add the cornflake mixture to the frying pan and fry for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from stove and allow to cool for at least 15 minutes.
- Pour honey on a plate and dip the rims of each serving glass in it. Immediately place each rim in the fried cornflakes to coat. Set aside.
- Add the ice cream, milk and 1/4 cinnamon sugar to a blender and blend until desired consistency is achieved.
- Drizzle chocolate syrup inside your serving glasses (on the sides).
- Pour the milkshake into each serving glass. Add whipped cream and drizzle chocolate syrup on top.
- Generously spoon the fried cornflake mixture all over the whipped cream. ENJOY!!
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Ice Cream Recipes:
Pies of Summer:
- Mini Blueberry Pie from Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Pie from Daily Dish Recipes
Sweet Summertime Cakes:
- Cookies & Cream Mini Bundt Cakes from Me and My Pink Mixer
- Chocolate Malted Milkshake Cake from 4 Sons ‘R’ Us
- Layered Strawberry Shortcake from Southern From Scratch
No Bake Treats:
- Blueberry Cheesecake Chimichangas from Home Sweet Homestead
- Lemon Cheesecake with Lemon Curd Topping from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Caramel Heath Ricotta Cheesecake Bars from The Whimsy One
- Banana Pudding Cake from A Blender Mom
- Blueberry French Toast Shortcakes from For the Love of Food
- Apple Dumplings from Jen Around the World
- Cinnamon Sugar Blueberry Banana Bread from The Spiffy Cookie
- Blueberry Cobbler from Bowl Me Over
Welcome to the first #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. We’re so glad that you’ve joined us for this week long event of desserts and giveaways. You’re going to love what we have in store for you.
There are 25 amazing bloggers participating in this year’s event! Throughout the week we’ll be share tons of fantastic summer dessert recipes with you. With over 70 recipes being shared this week we just know that you’re going to find a new summer favorite! Plus, don’t forget that we have 6 (six) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving one winner a $100 Willimas Sonoma Gift Card OR a $100 Sur la Table! Winner of prize #1 gets to pick which gift card they would like!
Prize #2 — Rainier Fruit is giving one winner a Pie dish, Cherry Pitter, Serving Spatula, Pinch Bowls, Pie Carrier! Everything you need to make the perfect cherry or blueberry pie!
Prize #3– OXO is giving one winner an 8 Piece Glass Bake, Serve & Store Set.
OXO Glass Bakeware is made of thermal shock resistant borosilicate glass, which means it can go from freezer to oven without the need to thaw. The OXO 8 Piece Glass Bake, Serve & Store Set is the perfect partner for all of your baking adventures. The Set includes a Glass 3 Qt Baking Dish, Glass 2 Qt Baking Dish, Glass Loaf Pan, Glass Pie Plate, 1 Cup Round SNAP Container, and 2 Cup Round SNAP Container.
Prize #4 — Adam’s Extract is giving one winner a Pyrex with baking utensils and 4oz Adams Best, 1.5 oz Pure Lemon, Almond, Peppermint and Vanilla.
Prize #5 — General Mills Cereal is giving one winner 4 boxes of cereal, 2 Big G Cereal character bowls, 2 Big G Cereal character , 2 “Good Morning” spoons, 2 Cheerios tumblers with straws 1 long-sleeve Cereal Character hooded t-shirt, 1 short-sleeve Cereal Character t-shirt.
Prize #6 — Land O’Lakes is giving one winner a branded insulated tote with a stainless steel water bottle, two mugs with cocoa mix, a dish towel and coasters.
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older.. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from July 24th until July 30th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterwards and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 6 (six) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 6 (six) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Rainier Fruit, OXO, Adam’s Extract, Land O’Lakes and General Mills Cereal! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.