This strawberry ice cream pie is positively bursting with strawberry flavor, thanks to the strawberry ice cream, fresh strawberries, and sweet strawberry syrup in a graham cracker crust.
Today I’m bringing you another fun recipe from the archives of the Southern Plate Magazine! The magazine is no longer available but this pie sure is.
This fun strawberry ice cream pie recipe turns an ordinary night into an impromptu ice cream social and would be a fun addition to your weekend. The kids and adults alike love it and look forward to it on those sweltering days when you just need little something to help cool off. Grab the few ingredients it requires, some pretty bowls along with some spoons, and get ready to enjoy this delicious treat! Even better if you have friends to share it with!
Yep, you only need 4 ingredients to make this pie: strawberry ice cream, a graham cracker crust, fresh strawberries, and strawberry syrup. It’s bursting with strawberry flavor, it’s true. All you have to do is place the ice cream in the pie crust, let it harden, then top it with the syrup and fresh strawberries. So easy and so delicious. Your whole family will love it!
- Strawberry ice cream
- Graham cracker crust
- Fresh strawberries
- Strawberry syrup
How to Make Strawberry Ice Cream Pie
Working quickly, scoop the ice cream into the pie crust. Freeze until firm (about two hours).
Just before serving, arrange the fresh strawberries over the ice cream and drizzle with syrup.
Tightly cover leftover pie to avoid freezer burn and store it in the freezer for up to a week. Let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes before serving to just soften slightly.
- If you want to bake the graham cracker crust to give it a slightly deeper flavor you can do that too. Brush it with a beaten egg or egg whites and bake at 375 degrees for 5 minutes. But just remember to cool it thoroughly before putting the ice cream on it.
- Want to add a little bit more deliciousness? Get some hot fudge sauce (microwave it for about 30 seconds to soften) and add a layer on top of the pie crust. Let it rest for a moment to harden slightly before adding the softened ice cream. The chocolate strawberry combo is to die for! Another option is to switch the strawberry syrup to chocolate sauce and to garnish the pie with chocolate shavings.
- I also won’t tell if you serve it with some whipped cream as well (here’s my homemade recipe). Alternatively, add a layer of Cool Whip on top of the ice cream before freezing.
- Adapt this ice cream pie recipe to suit you. Maybe you want to skip the strawberry and use chocolate ice cream and chocolate syrup instead? The choice is yours!
You may also like these scrumptious recipes:
- 1/2 gallon strawberry ice cream, slightly softened
- 1 9-inch store-bought graham cracker crust
- 1/2 cup quartered fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup strawberry syrup
- Working quickly, scoop the ice cream into the pie crust. Freeze until firm (about two hours).1/2 gallon strawberry ice cream, slightly softened, 1 9-inch store-bought graham cracker crust
- Just before serving, arrange the fresh strawberries over the ice cream and drizzle with syrup.1/2 cup quartered fresh strawberries, 1/2 cup strawberry syrup
It is not enough for a man to know how to ride;
he must know how to fall.
~ Mexican Proverb. Submitted by Traci Ridaught.