Easy, Quick, Delicious Italian Sausage Soup Recipe:
My favorite suppers for the weeknight are the ones that cook up fast but taste like they cooked all day, with fully developed seasonings and bursts of flavor in every bite. This recipe is one of those and the primary ingredient plays a huge role in this: Italian style chicken sausage, I’m using Aidells®. Supper is as simple as browning some sausage and onions, adding in the rest of the ingredients, and letting it simmer for fifteen minutes.
Of course, if you get home before everyone else you could totally play this off like it took hours :).
The Ingredients for this Italian Sausage Soup Recipe Are:
- Italian Seasoning
- Instant Rice
- Kidney Beans
- Diced Tomatoes
- Chicken Broth
- Italian Style Chicken Sausage
Aidells® sausage packs a wallop of flavor that makes it the perfect backbone of our dish. You can use any chicken sausage but if you have Aidells available to you, you won’t be disappointed. It’s hand crafted, the old fashioned way, and fully cooked, so all we have to do is brown it and add our other ingredients. If you are cooking for folks with special dietary needs, this is also nitrate free and gluten free. You can find it at Publix in the cold meats case.
Sausage is a perfect ingredient for quick and flavorful soups and suppers.
Begin by slicing your sausages into bite size rounds.
How To Make Italian Sausage Soup
Place the sausage and a chopped onion in a pot with just a tablespoon of oil. Sauté over medium high heat until nice and brown.
Add in chicken broth and stir well, scraping the bottom to get up all those wonderful bits of flavor from the browning process. Add in tomatoes, drained kidney beans, and Italian seasoning. Bring this just to a boil.
Once boiling, reduce heat, add rice, and simmer for ten minutes.
Get ready for this flavor bursting Italian Sausage Soup!
- 1 pkg Aidells® Italian Sausage
- 1 onion chopped
- 3-4 cups chicken broth
- 14 oz can kidney beans drained
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 tablespoon dry Italian seasoning
- 1 cup instant rice
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a stockpot over medium heat.
- Slice sausages into bite size pieces. Add to stock pot along with chopped onions and sauté until sausage is lightly browned and onions are translucent.
- Add chicken broth to pot and stir well. Add seasoning, drained beans, and tomatoes with juice and bring just to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to simmer and add rice. Continue cooking for another 15 minutes.
You may also like these other soup recipes:
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Aidells®. The opinions and text are all mine.