Beat the summer heat with this delicious refrigerator Key Lime Coconut Sheet Cake!
There is nothing like a nice cold refrigerator cake in the middle of summer heat. This Key Lime Coconut Sheet Cake features some of my favorite flavors in an ultra moist cake with a light tasting homemade whipped cream topping to bring it all together. Are you looking for a showstopper to take to a get together? This is it! You will be the hit of the party for this one! The fact that it is easy to make and uses easy to find ingredients makes it even better.
- 1 15.25-ounce box yellow cake mix (I used Betty Crocker)
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 13.5-ounce can coconut milk, divided
- 10 tablespoons bottled Key lime juice divided
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 ⁄4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Lime zest and sweetened flaked coconut, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray the bottom only of a 13x9-inch baking dish with nonstick baking spray with flour.
- Prepare and bake cake mix in prepared dish according to package directions. Let cake cool for 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, stir together condensed milk, 1 cup coconut milk, and 6 tablespoons lime juice until blended.
- Using the handle of a wooden spoon, poke holes in warm cake, making sure handle does not touch bottom of pan. Pour coconut mixture over warm cake. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, approximately 4 hours.
- In a large chilled bowl, combine cream, confectioners’ sugar, remaining coconut milk, and remaining 4 tablespoons lime juice. Beat at high speed with an electric mixer and chilled beaters just until thickened; spread over cake. Top with lime zest and coconut, if desired. Store, covered, in refrigerator for up to 2 days.
“I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to
succeed, but I am bound to live up to what light I have.”
You might also enjoy this recipe! Elvis Presley CakeYum