Hey Friends! Today is the last recipe in my big Red, White, and Blue themed recipe week. Be sure and check out more great recipes for your Independence Day celebration at the bottom of this post and if you’d like to see all of my 7 Fast and Festive Recipes for your Fourth Celebration, click here.
To make these you’ll need: Chow Mein Noodles, White Candy Melts or White Almond Bark, and Patriotic Sprinkles. That’s it. Those three things will get you all you need.
However, you might want to add in some peanuts, red and blue candy melts, and additional sprinkles if you want more variety. So basically there is a low fuss and a light fuss version of today’s recipe. 🙂
Place Chow Mein Noodles and peanuts (if using peanuts) in a bowl. Melt white candy melts or almond bark by placing in a bowl and microwaving it at 45 second intervals, stirring after each, until smooth and creamy. Pour over noodles in a bowl and stir well to coat.
Immediately spoon out spoonfuls of haystacks onto a waxed paper or parchment lined baking sheet. Sprinkles patriotic sprinkles while still warm.
If you’d like, you can melt some blue or red candy coating and do a light drizzle on each one.
Serve as is or with a cute little American Flag cupcake topper!
- 1½ cups chow mein noodles
- 1 cup cocktail peanuts (optional, just use an additional cup of chow mien noodles)
- 12 oz bag Wilton bright white candy melts or white almond bark (optional: red and blue candy melts)
- Patriotic sprinkles of your choice
- Line a large cookie sheet with wax or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Add the chow mein noodles and cocktail peanuts (if using) to a large mixing bowl. Gently toss to mix and set aside.
- Place candy melts in a large microwave safe bowl. Heat at 45 second intervals, stirring after each, until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the melted white chocolate on top of the peanuts and chow mein noodles and stir until completely coated.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper lined baking sheet and immediately top with patriotic sprinkles. Chill for 20 minutes to allow the chocolate to harden.
Also Optional - before serving, place a cupcake flag topper into each haystack.
You can store the haystacks in a single layer in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.