Moist and flavorful, enjoy a scrumptious slice of this quick and easy 5-ingredient lemon poppy seed bread for breakfast or an afternoon snack.
I have a dear reader to thank for sharing this lemon poppy seed bread recipe with me. It’s one of her mother’s best-loved recipes and it’s becoming one of mine. We all know how much I love using cake mixes in many of my baking recipes. They just make life so much easier, what can I say!
For this lemon poppy seed loaf, we’re using a lemon cake mix along with a lemon instant pudding mix for all the zesty lemon flavor you could possibly want. Other than that, you just need some eggs, oil, water, and the all-important poppy seeds. Now, the instructions for this one are really hard (just kidding!). All you have to do is combine all of the ingredients, spread the batter into two pans, and your lemon bread will be ready in a flash.
Who can say no to a five-ingredient quick bread recipe that’s this easy? Not me! I highly recommend serving a warm slice of lemon poppy seed bread with butter alongside your morning cup of coffee. It’s soft, moist, and has the perfect amount of lemon flavor. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as me. If you’re on the lookout for more lemon recipes, check out this blog post for 10 lemon recipes to brighten your day.
- Lemon cake mix
- Lemon instant pudding mix
- Vegetable oil (I personally use )
- Poppy seeds
How to Make Lemon Poppy Seed Bread
Grease 2 loaf pans with non-stick cooking spray. Instead of adding flour, use sugar.
Mix both the and the together until well combined.
Note: I like to add 1 teaspoon of lemon oil (you can also use or ) for an extra lemon “kick”.
Pour batter evenly into the loaf pans.
Bake for 40-45 minutes at 350° F.
Test with a toothpick for doneness. Transfer lemon poppy seed bread from the to a wire rack to cool.
Serve your lemon loaf slices warm or cold. Enjoy!
- Cover and store your lemon bread at room temperature for 2 days or in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Freeze leftover slices for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge or at room temperature before enjoying.
- To enhance the lemon flavor in this recipe, while the bread is still warm drizzle it with a lemon glaze that will soak into the bread. All you need to do is combine 1/2-cup of confectioner’s sugar with 1 tablespoon of bottled or fresh lemon juice. You can also drizzle over some lemon syrup.
- Another way to add more is to add some grated ( ) to the batter or grate some on top of the .
- If you want to get fancy, add some candied lemon slices to the top of your lemon .
- You can swap the poppy seeds for black sesame seeds or chia seeds if you like. Otherwise, omit them completely.
- Serve a slice of the poppy seed with for a delicious treat.
- You can definitely use this recipe to make too. You’ll just need to adjust the cooking time by about half.
- Add Mama’s Custard Sauce or Cream Cheese and you have yourself some heaven on a plate.
Check out these other lovely lemon-flavored recipes:
Lemon Chess Pie: A Southern Family Tradition
- 1 box lemon cake mix with pudding in the mix
- 1 packet lemon instant pudding mix 4-serving size
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 4 lightly beaten eggs
- 1/8 cup poppy seeds
- Grease 2 loaf pans with non-stick cooking spray. Instead of adding flour, use sugar.
- Mix both the wet ingredients and the dry ingredients together in a medium bowl until well combined.1 box lemon cake mix, 1 packet lemon instant pudding mix, 1/2 cup vegetable oil, 1 cup water, 4 lightly beaten eggs, 1/8 cup poppy seeds
- Note: I like to add 1 teaspoon lemon oil (you can also use lemon extract or fresh lemon juice) for an extra lemon “kick”.
- Pour batter evenly into the prepared pans. Bake for 40-45 minutes at 350° F. Test with a toothpick for doneness.
Recipe from Betty Barnes, given by her loving daughter, Pat.
I’m a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it.
-Thomas Jefferson. Submitted by Amy. Submit your quote by clicking here.
I added chia seeds and fresh lemon juice. I also sprinkled a little sugar over the top before baking. just as good as glaze. I want to make these into muffins, how long do I cook them?
Can you use the sugar free Lemon Instant pudding in this recipe?
You sure could!!
Hi there, i read your blog from time to time and i own a similar one and i was
just curious if you get a lot of spam responses?
If so how do you reduce it, any plugin or anything you can advise?
I get so much lately it’s driving me mad so any assistance is very much appreciated.
my page Raised Beds Coupon Code (http://www.Slideshare.net)