We didn’t grow up drinking eggnog, but heard about it often on television shows and in movies. Eventually, years ago, I finally tried it and found that it can vary greatly from absolutely delicious to bug-your-eyes-out strong! This recipe errs on the side of smooth and delicious, creamy and rich, and family friendly through and through! In only minutes and with the help of a fun shortcut ingredient, you have have a thick and creamy eggnog fit for any occasion!
You’ll need milk, sugar, french vanilla instant pudding mix, rum extract or a good vanilla (I use vanilla), nutmeg, allspice, and ground ginger.
*You can use sugar free pudding mix if you like and lessen the sugar or replace that entirely with a sweetener of your choice.
Pour the milk, pudding, sugar, and all of the spices into the blender and run on high speed for a few minutes, until all of the ingredients are blended and smooth.
Pour the mixture into a jug or container.
Store in the refrigerator, covered, for 1-2 hours.
The longer the mixture is stored the thicker it will become. Mix well again by giving it a vigorous stir before serving.
I like to top it with whipped cream and cinnamon to make it extra special.
It’s so much fun doing the little things for the people we love!
- 4 cups milk 2%, whole, almond, etc. Your preference is fine
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3.4 ounce package instant french vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoons rum extract or strong vanilla I use vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoo ginger
- Place the milk, pudding, sugar, and all of the spices into the blender and run on high speed for a few minutes, until all of the ingredients are blended and smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a jug or container and cover. Place in the refrigerator for at least 1-2 hours. The longer the mixture is stored the thicker it will become. Mix well by vigorously stirring before serving.
- Garnish individual servings with whipped cream and a sprinkling of cinnamon if you like!
You might also enjoy: